Adjunct Assistant Professor, College Success
Adjunct Assistant Professor, College SuccessTracking Code190551 Job Description
The College Success Department at Johnson County Community College is seeking an adjunct instructor to teach one or more College Success Learning Strategies classes starting Fall 2019. The times available are daytime classes. Training for teaching Learning Strategies is provided.Required Skills
- Masters degree in and/or 18 graduate hours Education or related field
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Computer literacy skills
- Treat all members of the college community with dignity and respect demonstrating inclusivity and civility, and engage in constructive conflict resolution
- Experience with Canvas/LMS systems, Google Drive, OneDrive, and Microsoft Office programs, preferred
- Community College teaching/tutoring experience
- One or more years of higher education teaching/tutoring experience
- One or more years of post-secondary experience
- Demonstrated interest in and commitment to ongoing professional development, preferred
Every employee of the college is expected to treat all members of the college community with dignity and respect demonstrating professional, courteous and respectful behavior and engage in constructive conflict resolution, when needed.
In accordance with the college policy, finalists for this position will be subject to criminal background investigations. Individual hiring departments at JCCC may elect to administer pre-employment tests, which are relevant to essential job functions as part of the applicant selection/hiring process. Many departments require those selected for hire to submit a certified transcript for all degrees obtained. For full consideration, applicants are encouraged to apply prior to the review date listed in posting.
Johnson County Community College welcomes the application of any qualified candidate and does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, national origin, disability, age, religion, genetic information, marital status, veteran's status, sexual orientation, or other factors that cannot be lawfully considered.
If you are an applicant requesting assistance or a reasonable accommodation in the application process, please contact the Office of Human Resources at 913-469-3877, or email.
For a summary of all disclosures (Background check, Clery Act, ADA, EOE, etc) refer to the links on our Career page.Job Location Overland Park, Kansas, United StatesPosition TypePart-Time