eLearning Digital Media Producer
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
The eLearning Digital Media Producer will assist with digital media integration and creation within LSSC courses. The core responsibilities will include managing synchronous and asynchronous video recordings, creating digital media that adheres to ADA and 508 compliance, and assisting with the online course quality assurance procedure. This position is responsible for demonstrating LSSC's core value of Service Excellence; respect, competence, responsiveness, and collaboration, in all interactions.
Position reports to the eLearning Senior Manager
Incumbent supervises no other employees.
- Process requests for photography and video in multiple capacities. Operates cameras and handles other production duties on various multi- and single- camera studio, location, classroom and/or remote productions.
- Consult with SMEs to create/revise storyboards, audio/video scripts, job aids/infographics, scenarios, online course content.
- Gather requirements from stakeholders, assess scope and timeline, and prioritize features. Determine tradeoffs between schedule, resources, and scope in order to deliver on project.
- Maintain knowledge of current and next-gen technologies and production solutions. Ideate and experiment to offer innovative digital learning content.
- Maintain production equipment to ensure organization and proper working order.
- Assists Instructional Design with quality assurance.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required
Associate in any related field. Bachelor's degree must be completed within two years of employment.
Two to five years' experience in video and media production in an educational environment preferred. SQL or Python knowledge required
Advanced technical skills related to PC hardware and software required. Proficient knowledge in video and media creation hardware and software. Ability to troubleshoot technical issues related to hardware, software, Web browsers, and other applications. Ability to work independently and with a team to complete projects with strict deadlines. Ability to adapt to change quickly and efficiently. Basic understanding of instructional design for adults, including universal design principles. Proficient skills in both verbal and written communication. Ability to establish and maintain working relationships with faculty, students, staff and third-party vendors. Ability to demonstrate the four College Service Excellence Standards of respect, competence, responsiveness, and collaboration when interacting with students, employees, visitors, and community members. Knowledge of audiovisual equipment, computer hardware, Microsoft Office applications, and graphic editors. This position requires travel as needed to all campuses and sites. This position requires the employee to own and use a personal communication device (cell phone) for successful job performance.