#99703 (RN) Registered Nurse - 9 West PCU
This position has been changed from an internal UCSD posting to external as of 07/11/2019. All applicants are welcome to apply.DESCRIPTION
UC San Diego Health is a Magnet designated organization, which is a prestigious recognition that applies to only 6% of all U.S. hospitals. Magnet is the “gold standard” for nursing excellence and is based on strengths in five key areas which include transformational leadership, structural empowerment, exemplary professional practice, new knowledge, innovation and improvements and empirical quality results. UC San Diego Health has held its Magnet status since 2011.
Hillcrest Medical Center's 9 West is a 6-bed direct-observation Medical Progressive Care Unit. Under general supervision, identifies and implements nursing interventions and evaluates results for a wide variety of patient populations. Directs and acts as a resource to other members of the nursing team as assigned. Promotes compliance and support of policies. Achieves trust in professional collegial relationships.
Autonomous nursing care is the ability of a nurse to assess and provide nursing actions as appropriate for patient care populations based on competence, professional expertise, and knowledge. The nurse is expected to practice autonomously consistent with ANA Standards of Practice and Professional Performance. Independent judgment is expected to be exercised within the context of interdisciplinary and multidisciplinary approaches to patient care. All performance expectations associated with this position are performed at the PRACTITIONER Level.
While not required, a cover letter is highly recommended when applying to this position.MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Must be a graduate from an accredited school of Nursing.
RN License issued by the State of California.
BLS/CPR and ACLS certifications at time of hire with commitment to get ART within six (6) months of hire date.
One (1) year of recent acute care RN experience in IMU/PCU.
- Specialty certification in critical care or progressive care nursing (PCCN or CCRN).
- Critical care/Progressive Care training or equivalent; Critical Care Intern Program completion by the San Diego AACN Chapter or completion of the UCSD PCU series.
- Must be able to work various hours, days, shifts, on-call and various locations based on the 24-hour Medical Center's business needs.
- Employment is subject to a criminal background check and pre-employment physical.
- Selected candidate may be hired at the CNIII or CNIV level pending review and approval by the Nurse Executive Council.