Job location: Pasadena, CA
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2019-05-28
The Enrollment Counselor recruits students for the Admissions Department to Pacific Oaks College programs. The Enrollment Counselor position supports all recruitment, admissions, and advising. Also, helps with activities by handling communications, information and paper flow with prospective and admitted students. The successful candidate will be an articulate, organized, results driven, a dynamic and enthusiastic leader, and a team player.
This position is located in Pasadena and reports directly to the Senior Director of Admissions.
- Provide excellent customer service to prospective students throughout the full admission recruitment process
- Meet daily expectations for outbound dials, set campus consultations
- Availability to work evening shifts and a rotating Saturday shift as needed
- Meet with prospective students to counsel on completing Admissions requirements, discusses academic programs, admission options, and financial aid opportunities and conducts campus tours.
- Follow up with prospects and applicants by phone and written correspondence.
- Meet/exceed Admission benchmark goals
- Plan and coordinate on-campus Information Sessions and Open Houses for prospective students
- Regularly attends the school department staff meetings
- Assist new and continuing students with registration process
- Follow up with admitted/current students to ensure they maintain part-time/full-time status
- Liaise with corresponding departments to support the admissions team
- Ensure students meet with Faculty Advisors to outline program completion plans
- Track and document all communication with Inquiries, applications and students through Salesforce and Campus Vue
- Perform other duties as assigned
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Keep current on CFP, HD and SOE programs information and State licensure requirements
- Understanding of and experience with non-traditional student populations
- Keeps current on credential program information and the schools credentialing requirements
- Sales knowledge, skill and experience; in addition to person-to-person account management experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; accuracy and attention to detail
- Possess professional interaction, personal networking and constituency building skills; and possess interesting, dynamic, articulate, credible and fluid group presentation skills
- Ability to meet annual inquiry plans as recorded weekly
- Inquiry generation and effective inquiry follow-up capability
- Self-directed and highly motivated, high activity action taking recruiting students
- Executing continuous high volume contact, mapping out efficient travel logistics, coordinating and conducting events, sustaining high levels of diverse activity and multi-tasking under strict deadlines
- Knowledge of the education industry
- Consultative approach to answering questions, addressing concerns and assisting with enrollment decisions
- Highly accountable to monthly goals, performance expectations
- Demonstrated, consistent results producer.
- Enrollment, academic advising knowledge/experience
- Ability to guide prospective students through the university admissions process and overcome any obstacles that may arise
- Ability to establish rapport and build relationships with prospective students
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum 1-2 years’ experience in college admissions, recruitment or student services preferred
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, organize, manage time while meeting and/or exceeding expectations and goals
- Excellent written and verbal communication required
- Excellent ability to speak in public and conduct presentations for large groups and one on one.
- Possess a positive and enthusiastic attitude to promote a healthy work environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaborative with little supervision in an fast-paced environment
- Ability to travel evenings and weekends; possess valid driver’s license
- Ability to work evenings/weekends and have a flexible schedule
- Self-motivated, goal-oriented, results driven
- Experience working with non-traditional students
- Sales Knowledge or Sales Experience
Pacific Oaks offers a generous compensation and benefits package, as well as the opportunity to work for a leader in the field of diversity and social justice. Some of our key benefits include: generous paid time-off, medical, vision, and dental coverage, company-paid life and disability insurance, 403b with employer contribution, multiple flexible spending accounts (FSA), tuition discount, and other perks.
Pacific Oaks is an affiliate of TCS Education System. To apply for this position or others, visit our Careers’ Page at: www.pacificoaks.edu
Pacific Oaks participates in E-Verify and verifies identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Pacific Oaks offers equal employment opportunities to all persons without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, parental status, housing status, source of income or military status, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local EEO laws.