Mobile Systems Analyst
Mobile Systems Analyst
University of San Francisco
USF Hilltop Campus
Mobile Systems Analyst
The University of San Francisco seeks an energetic and organized individual with outstanding verbal and written communications skills to join the staff of its Information Technology Services (ITS) - Application Services group as Mobile Systems Analyst. This position requires a high degree of self-motivation and excellent analytical skills.
Foremost, you have to care about students and making a difference in their lives. You are passionate, empathetic, and care that your work serves a greater purpose than just profit. You want to make a mark on the world and help push our society to change and grow for the better.
You will act as an agent of change within your team and organization - leading to embrace new methodologies, processes, efficiencies and challenging the status quo. Constantly pushing and asking why even if it's to Senior Executives. You must be a strong communicator and partner, capable of influencing a team.
Full Job Description:
Responsibilities and duties:
- Evaluate requests for new or changed functionality to determine requirements and draft documentation.
- Schedule and organize user focus groups, report on the outcomes and prioritize the story backlog accordingly.
- Translate high level requirements into user stories for the development team; ensuring stories and features are added iteratively to the product to add overall value.
- Work closely with business users and functional experts to develop technical specifications for new features.
- Work with OMC and business units to ensure content is up to date and relevant to our audiences.
- Work with OMC and business units to publish content schedules and reminders.
- Be the primary point of contact for all quality assurance issues regarding the mobile app.
- Report defects and request enhancements from Modo Labs our mobile framework vendor.
- Coordinate, participate and ensure testing of the mobile app (and integrations) is complete before any upgrades or new releases are added to the stores. You will be supported by a small team in the Office of Marketing and Communications (OMC) and Information Technology Services (ITS).
- Configure the app and work with Modo Labs to prepare releases to the app stores.
- Process, review and interpret large bodies of qualitative and quantitative data on customer usage patterns to uncover new product insights.
- Conduct situational and data analysis to identify, understand, and ensure features are aligned with product objectives and delivering the most value to the business.
- Provide kickoff-to-development project management for production of our USFMobile application and its integration with our Salesforce implementation and myUSF website.
- Manage a story backlog to ensure readiness of user stories for the upcoming sprint.
- Facilitate efficient communication between all project stakeholders, including product, development, the Office of Marketing and Communications (OMC), and all users of USFMobile.
- Create acceptance criteria that are clear, concise and actionable.
- Schedule, organize, task, and report on project progress.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining the application roadmap.
- Conduct business process analyses with business users and document existing and new functionality to support the business processes.
- Analyze existing operational procedures - identifying opportunities for new efficiencies and improved user training.
- Facilitate the design and specification of new work flow processes.
- Develop use cases and test plans for new features, and system upgrades.
- Develop communication plans related to the launch of new app functionalities.
- Work with business users to develop report specifications and effectively translate them into business intelligence reports and dashboards.
- Keep up to date with industry trends and solutions in Higher Education.
- Monitor app reviews and work closely with the team to triage issues.
- Perform other relevant duties as assigned.
Required qualifications and skills:
- Deep knowledge of app design, mobile experience, and UI conventions across both iOS and Android
- 4+ years Business Analyst/Product Management experience working with mobile technologies.
- Demonstrated experience in creating detailed documentation for complex projects.
- Ability to work with technical teams and non-technical stakeholders.
- Good working knowledge in all areas of business analysis including the documenting requirements, wireframing, quality assurance, and data analysis.
- Ability to understand the business vision and priorities in order to help prioritize and scope work for the development team.
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- Strong technical writing skills related to technical specifications and service documentation.
- Ability to work collaboratively across technical and business-oriented teams.
- Ability to effectively facilitate meetings with diverse business and technical constituent groups.
Additional Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Experience working in higher education in either a business or technical capacity.
- Experience in an environment using an AGILE/Scrum methodology is a plus.
- Experience working with Modo Labs mobile app framework.
To apply, visit https://usfca.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/USF_Staff/job/USF-Hilltop-Campus/Mobile-Systems-Analyst_R0001347-2.
The University of San Francisco is located in the heart of one of the world’s most innovative and diverse cities, and is home to a vibrant academic community of students and faculty who achieve excellence in their fields. Its diverse student body enjoys direct access to faculty, small classes and outstanding opportunities in the city itself. USF is San Francisco's first university, and its Jesuit Catholic mission helps ignite a student’s passion for social justice and a desire to “Change the World From Here.” For more information, visit http://www.usfca.edu.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency