Assistant/Associate Professor, Physical Therapy (Fall 2019)
Position Title:Assistant/Associate Professor, Physical Therapy (Fall 2019) Position Number:11906408 Benefits Eligible:Yes Campus Location:Dahlonega General Summary:
The University of North Georgia Doctor of Physical Therapy Program has a newly established 12-month tenure track position to support the musculoskeletal track in the entry-level DPT program. The successful candidate will be appointed at the assistant or associate professor level commensurate with credentials.
The University of North Georgia Department of Physical Therapy is an accredited DPT program and is housed within the College of Health Sciences and Professions in historical Dahlonega, GA, the site of the first major US Gold Rush, and is located an hour north of Atlanta in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains. The UNG DPT Program offers the entry-level Doctor of Physical Therapy degree; accepting thirty new students each year. The Department has fourteen highly qualified faculty members, many with clinical specializations and interdisciplinary research experience. The Department houses several clinical and research labs, including the Neurology Lab, the Movement Science Lab, the Motor Behavior Lab, and the Cellular Laboratory. The research labs are equipped with state-of-the-art instrumentation, e.g., 20-camera motion capture and virtual reality systems, an instrumented treadmill, the Kinereach system, wireless electromyography, force platforms, and miniature force sensors.
Located in the fastest-growing region of the state, the University of North Georgia is a multi-campus university with an enrollment of nearly 20,000 students, making it one of the largest institutions in the University System of Georgia. UNG is focused on a mission of educational excellence, leadership development and community engagement opportunities that develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society. Through a variety of educational pathways that provide access and range from certificates and associate degrees to a professional doctoral program, UNG is responsive to regional education and economic development needs. Federally designated as a senior military college, one of the university's signature leadership programs is its 800-member Corps of Cadets on UNG's Dahlonega Campus.Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- This position will support and teach within the musculoskeletal track in the entry-level DPT program.
- The successful candidate will also serve as the department’s main liaison to the Corps of Cadets in the area of Injury Prevention and Treatment.
- Other opportunities include participation in a student-led pro bono clinic and a planned fee-for-service clinic.
- Tenure track faculty are expected to develop and conduct an active research agenda and publish in high quality, peer-reviewed journals.
- Additional responsibilities include, mentoring physical therapy students, participating in interprofessional collaborations, and committee service at the departmental, college, and/or university levels.
- A record of accomplishment in research and ability to publish in high-quality peer-reviewed journals.
- The successful candidate will have earned a terminal, academic degree (Ph.D., EdD, DSc).
- Advanced specialty certification is preferred in orthopedics and/or sports therapy.
- FAAOMPT certification preferred.
- The candidate should have at least three years of clinical experience and be eligible for Georgia P.T. licensure.
Please submit contact information for three professional references. Employer Information:All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation, as determined by the University of North Georgia in its sole discretion. The University of North Georgia, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sex or national origin, age, disability, religion, genetics or veteran status. Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.
We provide equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, protected veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.