Student Financial Aid Counselor
DescriptionThe Office of Student Financial Aid is seeking to hire Financial Aid Counselors for the Atlanta downtown campus. This position is an entry level position advising students, parents and colleagues on financial aid in accordance to federal, state and institutional regulations.
- Conduct individual counseling sessions for students and/or parents either by appointment, telephone, e-mail or walk-in
- Assist with Satisfactory Academic Progress Appeal process
- Keep abreast of changes in federal, state and institutional aid programs
- Represent the financial aid office to groups of students, parents and organizations
- Provide good customer service by responding to students' and parents' inquiries accurately and in a timely manner
- Assist in awarding financial aid per program regulations (may include the Federal Pell Grant, HOPE, Loans, FAFSA awarding, Work Study, R2T4, Over awards, Electronic Funds Transfers, Scholarships)
- Review financial aid and/or loan processing applications per office guidelines so that any problems may be found and resolved to minimize incorrect funding to students
- Performs other duties as assigned
QualificationsBachelor's degree and one year of financial aid or counseling or student personnel experience; or a combination of education and related experience.
College/Business Unit05/31/19, 10:59:00 PM
College/Business Unit: Student Services
Job Posting: 05/24/19, 11:00:00 PM