Student Financial Management Counselor
DescriptionCome be a part of an exciting new department! We are looking for a Student Financial Management Counselor (SFMC) to serve in our new Student Financial Management department at our Dunwoody campus. The SFMC is primarily responsible for providing financial counseling to students, parents, and the university community about the financial aid process, financial aid eligibility requirements, student account policies by conducting financial management workshops, seminars, and other outreach activities. This position is also responsible for providing excellent customer service within a high-volume environment which includes in-person visits and phone inquiries.
- Conducts community outreach efforts including financial management workshops and orientation presentations as well as conducting calling campaigns to student, parents, other University staff, and community organizations.
- Serves as a tier 2 resources to students, parents, colleagues, and the university community regarding complex financial aid and student account issues via phone and in-person in accordance with federal, state, Board of Regents, and institutional regulations. Investigates and provides solutions regarding financial aid and student account customer issues.
- Assists in awarding financial aid according to program regulations, such as HOPE, federal direct loans, federal Perkins loans. Reviews the accuracy of financial aid applications and verify application information with supporting documentation.
- Collects money owed to the University using telephone and mail collection techniques to meet enrollment and retention objectives set by management. Evaluates financial circumstances to determine appropriate student account payment options.
- Counsel students on a variety of enrollment management issues to include all aspects from orientation to enrollment and after, including but not limited to admissions, registration, and academic records.
QualificationsBachelor's degree and two years of experience; or combination of education and related experience.
College/Business Unit05/31/19, 10:59:00 PM
College/Business Unit: Provost & VP Academic Affairs
Location: Dunwoody Campus
Job Posting: 05/24/19, 9:06:33 AM