Asst Registrar Acad Suprt/Curr
Asst Registrar Acad Suprt/Curr
The Assistant Registrar contributes to the university’s mission and vision by implementing and exercising functional authority for the integrity and support of all aspects of student records/services. This person will be responsible for hiring, training and supervising staff in the areas of registration, grades, transcripts, administrative adjustments/medical withdrawals, selective service, in-state residency, suspension/dismissal, graduation processing and athletic eligibility reporting and part-time staff and student workers. In addition, the Assistant Registrar will be responsible for the Communications Management system and all communications to students and faculty regarding student records and processing deadlines; pre and post term system setup in Banner; oversight of commencement reporting and planning as it pertains to the Office of the Registrar; supervision and training of part-time staff and student workers; and acts as the Registrar’s Office representative on the university’s committee on State Authorization and Reciprocity Agreements. The Assistant Registrar will maintain a high level of knowledge related to Banner, ApplicationXtender and Registrar’s Office functions including registration, records and scheduling, and will document and train staff, faculty, and students in these areas.Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 2-4 years’ experience with student information systems (Ellucian Banner preferred), imaging systems, and university policy and procedures required.
- Progressively increasing responsibility within a Registrar’s Office or other student services office.
Communication and other skills:
- Ability to prioritize, strategically plan, work in a fast paced environment and meet deadlines with frequent interruptions and change of focus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Experience working with sensitive and confidential information.
- Proven ability to collaborate with faculty and staff.
- Proven organizational skill required.
- Demonstrated problem solving, conflict resolution, team management and leadership skills.
- Proven technical skill to troubleshoot systems issues quickly and efficiently.
- Commitment to supporting new technology implementation.
Works closely with student service offices including Rocket Solutions Central, the Treasurer’s Office, Financial Aid, as well as faculty and academic advisors and the Provost’s office.The above list of duties is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of duties performed by the people so classified, nor is it intended to limit or modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct and control the work of employees under his/her supervision.The University of Toledo is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. The University of Toledo does not discriminate in employment, educational programs, or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, ancestry, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military or veteran status, disability, familial status, or political affiliation. The University of Toledo provides reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you require accommodation to complete this application, or for testing or interviewing, please contact the Human Resources Department at 419-530-4747 between the hours of 8:30AM and 5:00PM or apply online for an accommodation request.
Computer access is available at most public libraries and at the Office of Human Resources located in the Academic Services Center, Suite 1000 on the Scott Park Campus or at the satellite HR Office located at the Facilities Services Building, Suite 1000 on the Health Science Campus.