Position DetailsPosition Details Requisition Number STA002369 Classification Title Administrative Assistant Working Title Athletics Business Office Assistant Location Statesboro Campus Department 3900310201-Extramural Physical Activities Position Status Full-Time Position Summary
Athletics. The Administrative Assistant facilitates the day-to-day operational activities and provides financial counseling services to the Georgia Southern University Athletics Department.
•Verifies accuracy, completeness and consistency of department budget spreadsheets and processes invoices, travel paperwork and check requests.
•Receives and verifies all money collected and prepares daily deposits.
•Creates and maintains all Athletics purchase orders and supply orders.
•Prepares payment for game day personnel and payroll forms.
•Assists coaching staff with securing travel needs for competitions.
•Adheres to Human Resources policy on hiring Student Assistants, temporary and Graduate Assistants.
•Adheres to and demonstrates understanding, acceptance and compliance with NCAA and institutional athletic related rules and regulations; communicates all NCAA compliance standards.
Georgia Southern University is a Tobacco Free Campus.Minimum Education Required
High School Diploma or equivalent, three or more months of post-secondary educationCould a level of job-related experience higher than the minimum required for the position substitute for the minimum level of education? Yes Minimum Experience Required
Three or more years of related experienceCould a level of education higher than the minimum required for the position substitute for the minimum level of job-related experience? No Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Effective communication (verbal and written), organization and human relations skills; ability to work well in a diverse environment; proficiency with computer and Microsoft Office Applications software including word processing, spreadsheets, and databases; legally authorized to work in the United States; successful completion of background investigation prior to employmentPreferred Education
Associate’s DegreePreferred Experience
Experience with budgets, accounting and large group travelSalary Range Commensurate with experience Job Open Date 05/24/2019 Job Closing Date 06/07/2019 Special Instructions Summary Quicklink for Posting http://employment.georgiasouthern.edu/postings/59324 Required Applicant Documents Required Documents
- Cover Letter
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a High School Diploma or Equivalent ?
- * Do you have three or more months of post secondary education?
- * If you answered "No" to the previous question, do you have four or more years of work-related experience?
- Answered "Yes" to the previous question
- * Do you have three or more years of related experience?
- * Do you have the ability to use PC computers and effectively utilize Microsoft Office Applications software including word processing, spreadsheets, and databases?
- * Are you authorized to work lawfully in the United States?
- * Do you understand that Georgia Southern University is a tobacco and smoke-free community?