Student Engagement Counselor
Job location: Pasadena, CA - Chicago, IL
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2020-02-21
TCS Education System is seeking a Student Engagement Counselor to join the Admissions and Enrollment Services department.
The Student Engagement Counselor position is an entry level outreach position that will be developed and trained to move into admissions and enrollment counselor position within TCS Education. The primary responsibilities of the Student Engagement Counselor include conducting initial phone contact, admissions consultations, administrative follow-up and student support campaigns with current and potential students.
Position responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- The Student Engagement Counselor will be expected to progress rapidly through the admissions training and development program including individualized, self-paced trainings and self-improvement.
- The Student Engagement counselor will be responsible for contacting mature inquiries in the CRM that have previously inquired and expressed interested in programs offered by TCS Education System affiliates to reengage interest in academic programs, answer questions about admissions requirements, enrollment procedure and any other Admissions information to help the inquiry decide on the course or program they want to pursue in the affiliate college with goal of converting the inquiry to application.
- Expected to complete 75-100 outbound calls per day qualifying prospective students on their educational goals and interests, including international students.
- Respond to all inquiries requesting additional information within 24 hours and maintain communication with students through application and ensure all information concerning the admissions process is accurately recorded in the database systems provided.
- Must have adequate knowledge of all the programs and courses being offered by all TCS Education System affiliate colleges.
- Meet key KPI’s set by Senior Director of Student Engagement to by maintaining targeted conversion metrics.
- Maintain communication with the other departments like Admissions, Administration, Academics and Financial Aid to enhance the process of Admissions and establish positive team relationship between departments.
- Support in fielding general inbound calls and emails requesting information across all TCS Education System affiliate colleges and connect them with appropriate college admissions department as identified.
- The Student Engagement Counselor may participate in campus based events, handle activities of student life, establish professional relationships with students and other employees, produce personal developed referrals.
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in a business or communications related field.
- Willing to commit to a structured training regimen to prepare candidate for higher level admissions positions.
- Must be willing to relocate to accept promotional position.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- The ability to travel a minimum of 25% of the time to various Affiliate locations.
TCS Education System offers a generous compensation and benefits package, as well as the opportunity to work for a leader in the field of education. Some of our key benefits include: generous paid time-off, medical and dental coverage, company-paid life and disability insurance, retirement plan with employer contribution, multiple flexible spending accounts (FSA), tuition reimbursement, professional development, and regular employee appreciation events.
TCS Education System is an Equal Opportunity Employer.