STEPS Administrative Assistant
Posting DetailsPosting Details Job Title STEPS Administrative Assistant Requisition Number TE04199 Department Name 3J532:STEPS Temporary Employment Work Location Lexington, KY Salary Range $14-15 Type of Position Temporary Position Time Status Full-Time Required Education Required Related Experience Required License/Registration/Certification Physical Requirements
Sitting at a computer for extended periods of time and lifting objects weighing less than 50 pounds.Shift
7:30am to 4:30pm or 8am to 5pm, Monday through FridayJob Summary
The STEPS Administrative Assistant at UK Law will fill in for the regular staff member while she is on leave June through July. As the first individual with whom visitors meet, this person helps set the public image of the College. The position also provides senior-level confidential administrative support to the Dean and will assist the UK Law team with packing up for the move into the newly-renovated Law Building in July. Past experience as a personal assistant and experience managing calendars in Outlook are desired. This is a full-time position that will start the first week of June and end July 26th.
- Assisting the Dean includes managing his personal calendar in Outlook, coordinating internal and external meetings, and setting up conference calls. Some travel planning may be involved if there are last-minute trips.
- Answering the primary college phone line and be an information source for students, visitors, and other University Personnel.
-Providing customer service to visitors.
- Assisting the team with packing and moving to the new Law Building in July.
- Making room reservations in EMS as requests come in from faculty, staff and students and posting schedules in front of the doors to each meeting room every morning.
- Managing the parking reservation schedule for the guest spots at the College of Law.
- Standard administrative duties such as copying, scanning, printing, mailings, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word. General office skills (maintaining records/files, customer service, basic computer navigation, etc.).Does this position have supervisory responsibilities? No Preferred Education/Experience Deadline to Apply 05/31/2019 University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Cover Letter