Administrative Support Associate I - District 5
Posting DetailsPosting Details Job Title Administrative Support Associate I - District 5 Requisition Number RE18515 Working Title Department Name 81300:EXTENSION FIELD PROGRAMS Work Location Lexington, KY Grade Level 41 Salary Range $14.77-23.63/hour Type of Position Staff Position Time Status Full-Time Required Education
AAClick here for more information about equivalencies: http://www.uky.edu/hr/employment/working-uk/equivalencies Required Related Experience
3 yrsRequired License/Registration/Certification
Sitting for long periods of time.Shift
Monday – Friday 8:00am – 4:30pm (37.5 hours/week)Job Summary
Job title: Administrative Support Associate – District 5
Location: Lexington, KY; University of Kentucky Campus (monthly fee to park on campus paid by employee)
This position will provide administrative support to the District 5 Cooperative Extension District Director. Under the supervision of the District Director, the person filling this position will perform duties of a general office administrative assistant including receptionist, typist, computer operator, office equipment operator, file clerk and other duties as assigned by the District Director. Specifically, the Administrative Support Associate will be responsible for the management of confidential District financial and personnel records, management of daily operations, management of District information delivery, and leadership and training for County support staff. It is expected that the selected candidate perform these functions in a professional manner including punctuality, proper use of written and verbal grammar, professional dress, and a professional disposition. The Administrative Support Associate will become knowledgeable of the philosophy, goals and objectives, policies and procedures of the Kentucky Cooperative Extension Service.
Resume and cover letter are required at time of application.Skills / Knowledge / Abilities
Experience with computer software and systems including Microsoft Office products; familiarity with office equipment including scanners, copiers, fax machines, etc.; knowledge and use of a multi-line phone system; financial knowledge including accounting, reconciliation, QuickbooksDoes this position have supervisory responsibilities? No Preferred Education/Experience
Associates degree with at least 3 years of clerical, administrative and/or office support experience preferred.
Driver’s license preferred.Deadline to Apply 06/16/2019 University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Have you ever been convicted of a criminal offense (felony or misdemeanor) including driving under the influence (DUI)? If yes, please explain giving date(s) and location and complete name at the time.
(Open Ended Question)
- * What is your highest level of education completed?
- High School or GED
- Associates degree
- Bachelors degree
- Masters degree or higher
- * Please indicate your years of providing administrative, clerical, or office support (full time equivalent).
- More than 0, up through 1 year
- More than 1 year, up through 3 years
- More than 3 years, up through 5 years
- More than 5 years, up through 10 years
- More than 10 years
- * Please indicate your involvement/experience with UK Cooperative Extension.
- Worked for Cooperative Extension
- Volunteered for Cooperative Extension
- Participated in programming presented by Cooperative Extension
- No involvement with Cooperative Extension
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- HERCjobs.org (Higher Education Recruitment Consortium)
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- Local print media
- None of the Above
- Cover Letter