Clinical Nurse Specialist/UKHC
Posting DetailsPosting Details Job Title Clinical Nurse Specialist/UKHC Requisition Number NR05546 Working Title Clinical Nurse Specialist/Perioperative Services Department Name H3270:Nursing Practice and Support Services Work Location UK HealthCare Chandler and UK HealthCare Good Samaritan Hospital Grade Level 13 Salary Range $71,323-115,086/year Type of Position Staff Position Time Status Full-Time Required Education
MSNRequired Related Experience
5 yrsRequired License/Registration/Certification
LICENSED NURSEPhysical Requirements
The essential functions for this position include the ability to lift, carry, push, and pull 50-100 pounds occasionally and 25-50 pounds frequently; as well as stand, walk and sit for long periods of time. The conditions of work may involve exposure to communicable diseases, hazards of radiation, and injury from intractable patients or sharp instruments.Shift
Primarily day shift, 8:00am – 5:00pm Monday – Friday, but other shifts as needed to cover the needs of the department.Job Summary
This position will provide the necessary skills, guidance and education to patients/families and staff to ensure that the care provided is efficient and cost effective as well as being safe and of the highest quality for patients in perioperative services.
The Clinical Nurse Specialist develops, implements and evaluates educational strategies and programs. Identifies trends in patient outcomes to determine performance improvement activities. Provides support and clinical expertise to facilitate/coordinate progress toward meeting performance improvement goals. Integrates research, evidence based knowledge of nursing and resource management into practice environment. Participates in the development of health care policy and related education within the institution and community. Assists in facilitating transition to practice for the new graduate. Serves as a clinical resource and change agent. Demonstrates excellent leadership, teaching, interpersonal skills and an understanding of organization and systems.
Perioperative Services experience
Ability to communicate orally and in writing effectively.
Candidate must have at minimum Master’s Degree in Nursing PLUS minimum of 5 years experience as nurse. Perioperative nursing experience preferred.Deadline to Apply 06/02/2019 University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Please indicate your current Nursing Educational Level.
- New Graduate
- PhD or DNP
- * Are you currently employed as a registered nurse at UK HealthCare Chandler/UK HealthCare Samaritan Hospitals?
- * Please indicate your current licensure status.
- Current KY RN License
- Current compact state RN licensure
- Current non-compact state RN licensure
- New Graduate within 6 months or Provisional License
- Valid KY Temporary Work Permit
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare recognizes a set of values that guide us in our daily interactions. By applying for a position within UK Healthcare, you are indicating your commitment and expressing your agreement to our five values. These values are diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork. Please choose one of the UK Healthcare values and give a specific example when you exhibited this quality in your professional experience.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Where did you first see this position advertised?
- UK Jobs Website
- Employee Referral
- Print Advertisement
- On-line Advertisement
- Military Connection Advertisement
- Job Fair
- "I'm Interested" page on Nurse Recruitment website
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- HERCjobs.org (Higher Education Recruitment Consortium)
- Institute for Diversity in Health Management
- None of the Above
- Curriculum Vita
- Cover Letter