Associate Director - Digital Marketing #604363
Job Title: Associate Director - Digital Marketing
Location: Marketing Department
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 604363
NAU is a community devoted to student success and sustained by an unshakable commitment to our shared mission, vision, and values. We—faculty, staff, and administrators—thrive by combining our efforts and working side by side to further NAU’s culture of excellence.
This role will be responsible for successfully planning, analyzing, recommending and implementing multi-channel digital strategies to meet NAU’s marketing goals. The position, reporting to the Chief Marketing Officer and collaborating with the ITS personnel will lead the university’s web, paid social media, email, CRM integration and implementation, and other digital marketing initiatives. The position will provide a proactive service to advance NAU brand, work collaboratively within and across departments to meet institutional goals, and maintain and grow strong relationships with internal and external support personnel, contractors, and service providers. Applicants must be fluent in digital marketing appropriate for complex organizations and have strong technical background to manage digital strategy that often crosses marketing and IT functions.
- Leading university’s planning and execution efforts in the area of digital strategy by collaborating across the institution and managing outside consultants to identify goals, objectives, and tactical approaches to digital marketing measuring return on investment throughout the digital funnel.Leading strategic digital marketing initiatives and execution by translating strategic objectives into actionable results and monitor/measure progress. Establish and grow ongoing proactive engagement with departments across the campus to meet institutional priorities.Working collaboratively with personnel responsible for marketing planning and content development to ensure appropriate digital strategies are embedded into marketing plans.Managing staff and outside agencies to create and execute multi-channel digital marketing plans that include tactics such as Site Optimization, Content Strategy, SEO, PPC, Social Media, Display Advertising and Email Marketing.Collaborate with enrollment management, ITS and CRM partners to integrate digital marketing data and findings to report on full funnel performance. Translating raw analytics data into meaningful stories to provide insights to inform marketing plans. Developing a robust but effective digital data program to inform marketing decisions.Measuring and analyzing marketing content initiatives across all channels.Guiding designers in planning site architecture, content and user experience for NAU websites, microsites, and apps.Creating action plans and following through to closure in a factual, professional, timely and consistent manner.Developing call and in-person meeting cycle to discuss opportunities, trends and potential upcoming projects. Pro-actively manage the university’s digital presence.Identifying marketing and communication gaps/opportunities that can be solved via incremental investments in appropriate digital products and services.Stay abreast of digital marketing best practices and trends and provide consultative support to meet institutional and marketing objectives.Define requirements, set schedules/timelines and ensure projects are delivered with high quality, on time, and on budget.Developing and maintaining intentional relationships to promote teamwork and advance the priorities of the unit and university.Managing university’s digital advertising program. Monitoring and adjusting digital media buy to optimize ROI. Monitoring digital trends and advising marketing and university leadership accordingly.Serving on committees as required and delegated.Managing full- and part-time staff and student workers as needed.
NAU is currently engaged in an Organizational Growth and Effectiveness Initiative, which focuses on positioning the University for future success of its operational practices. As a result, some aspects of this position may be subject to change, such as, but not limited to: duties, titles, reporting structure, etc.¿
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, computer science or related field and five years of managing digital marketing strategy development; OR
- Bachelor’s degree in an unrelated field and seven years of digital marketing strategy development experience, including managerial level of responsibility; OR
- Any equivalent combination of relevant experience, training and/or education.
- Five or more years leading digital strategy efforts in a higher education setting or a similarly complex environment.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Experience in project execution, strategic advisement and client relationships as they pertain to website planning and digital marketing Expert knowledge of managing paid social media channels such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat and YouTube Expert knowledge of SEO and ability to effectively direct web-optimized content development. Experience leading web development projects. Experience with Salesforce or other CRM systems and marketing integrations. Understanding best practices in UX/UI design. Track record of developing digital marketing strategy Knowledge of marketing concepts and principles Understanding current landscape of content management systems. Strong technology background and ability to work effectively with highly technical personnel as well as non-technical decision makers. Basic knowledge of HTML or other programming language. Excellent logical reasoning, multi-tasking and analytical skills Experience in interactive marketing and e-commerce. Exceptional organizational, presentation, and communication skills both verbal and written Strong initiative/self-motivated individual with a strong desire to succeed. “Can Do” attitude a must Experience with online advertising platforms such as Google Adwords and Facebook Exchange. Strong working knowledge of using Google Analytics/Google Tag Manager
This position has been identified as a safety/security sensitive position. Therefore, per AZ Revised Statute, Northern Arizona University requires satisfactory results for the following: a criminal background investigation, employment history investigation, degree verification (in some cases) and fingerprinting.
Additionally, as an employer in the state of Arizona, NAU is required to participate in the federal E-Verify program that assists employers with verifying new employees' right to work in the United States.
Finally, each year the Northern Arizona University Police Department releases an annual security report. The report is a result of the federal law known as the Clery Act and contains policy statements that address the school’s policies, procedures and programs concerning safety and security including policies for responding to emergency situations and sexual offenses. The report contains three years of data for Clery reportable crime statistics for the campus along with the most current year’s Fire Safety Report, which includes policy statements and fire statistics for Flagstaff on-campus student housing.
The report may be viewed at nau.edu/clery or by visiting the NAUPD website. A printed copy of the report is available upon request by contacting the NAU Police Department, Records Department at (928)523-8884 or by visiting the department at Building 98A on the NAU Mountain Campus.
Commensurate with experience.
**The starting salary will be determined by the qualifications of the selected applicant balanced with departmental budget availability, internal salary equity considerations, and available market information.
This position is exempt from the overtime provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) and therefore will not earn overtime or compensatory time for additional time worked.
This is a Service Professional (SPF) position. NAU offers an excellent benefit package including generous health, dental and vision insurance; participation in the Arizona State Retirement System or the Optional Retirement Program; 22 days of vacation and 10 holidays per year; and tuition reduction for employees and qualified dependents. More information on benefits at NAU is available at https://in.nau.edu/human-resources/eligibility-enrollment/
NAU is a tobacco and smoke-free campus.
Service Professionals are hired on a contract basis, renewable each 6 months according to terms of the Conditions of Professional Service, which may be found at: https://public.azregents.edu/Policy%20Manual/6-303%20Conditions%20of%20Service%20for%20Service%20Professionals.pdf
Employees offered a position will be eligible for state health plans (including NAU's BCBS Plan). New employees are eligible for benefits on the first day of the pay period following their enrollment, after their employment date. Employees will have 31 days from their start date to enroll in benefits. If a new employee chooses the ASRS retirement option, participation in the Arizona State Retirement System, and the long-term disability coverage that accompanies it, will begin on the first of the pay period following 6 months after the new employee's start date. New employees who choose to participate in the Optional Retirement Plan (ORP), which is an alternative to the ASRS plan for faculty and other appointed staff, will begin to participate on the first day of employment. Additionally, the long-term disability plan that accompanies the ORP will begin on the first day of employment. More information is available at: https://in.nau.edu/human-resources/eligibility-enrollment/
Learning and Development
Your career at Northern Arizona University includes the opportunity for professional development. New employee on-boarding training includes courses to be completed within the first 30 days (https://in.nau.edu/Human-Resources/Required/). If your position includes the supervision of a benefit-eligible employee, we offer the NAU Supervisors Academy for you to complete within your first 2 years. In addition to the development classes offered in-person, every NAU employee receives a free subscription to Lynda.com. From this site you can access more than 1,400 training videos on a broad range of subjects, including business skills, photography, music and video, home computing, and web design and development.
Open until further notice.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply" button on this page. You must submit your application by clicking on the "Submit" button by midnight of the application deadline. If you need assistance completing your application there are instructions available on line at https://in.nau.edu/human-resources/ or in person in the Human Resources Department located in Building 91 on the NAU Campus - on the corner of Beaver and DuPont Streets.
If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation to participate in the hiring process please contact the Office of Equity and Access at: 928-523-3312/TDD - 928-523-1006 or PO Box 4083, Flagstaff AZ 86011.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Northern Arizona University is a committed Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Institution. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. NAU is responsive to the needs of dual career couples.
NAU is an Employer of National Service. AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other National Service alumni are encouraged to apply.
Please see nau.jobs for full job descriptions and details on how to apply online!