SOLUTION CENTER MANAGER
Posting DetailsPosting Details Reference Number 92-32128 Posted Job Title SOLUTION CENTER MANAGER School Name Human Resources Org Human Capital Management Posted to the Web 05/24/2019 Posted Job/Salary Grade 027 Employment Type Exempt Hours N/A Position Type Full Time Position Schedule 8-5 Months 12 Position Length Ongoing Position End Date University Overview
The University of Pennsylvania, the largest private employer in Philadelphia, is a world-renowned leader in education, research, and innovation. This historic, Ivy League school consistently ranks among the top 10 universities in the annual U.S. News & World Report survey. Penn has 12 highly-regarded schools that provide opportunities for undergraduate, graduate and continuing education, all influenced by Penn’s distinctive interdisciplinary approach to scholarship and learning.
Penn offers a unique working environment within the city of Philadelphia. The University is situated on a beautiful urban campus, with easy access to a range of educational, cultural, and recreational activities. With its historical significance and landmarks, lively cultural offerings, and wide variety of atmospheres, Philadelphia is the perfect place to call home for work and play.
The University offers a competitive benefits package that includes excellent healthcare and tuition benefits for employees and their families, generous retirement benefits, a wide variety of professional development opportunities, supportive work and family benefits, a wealth of health and wellness programs and resources, and much more.School/Center Overview
People are our highest priority at Penn. Without the help of talented faculty and staff, it would be impossible to carry out the mission of this University. That’s why Human Resources strives to provide you with all the resources you need to excel personally and professionally. Whether you’re looking to enhance your skills, explore your academic interests, build your retirement savings or develop a healthy lifestyle, we can help.
Human Resources also encourages the University to welcome and support diversity in the workforce. A diverse and open campus maximizes our talent pool, inspires creative thinking and encourages a culture in which different views are appreciated and respected.
Our focus is on the people at Penn-over 25,000 strong-who make us the largest private employer in the Philadelphia region. To learn more about the Division of Human Resources visit: https://www.hr.upenn.edu/
The University of Pennsylvania has a great opportunity for a Manager of our Penn Employee Solution Center to join our team. The Penn Employee Solution Center is a service center that provides Human Resources and Payroll support to all employees, managers, and business partners at the University. As a single point of contact, we provide accurate answers, consistent and professional service, and timely resolution to HR and payroll related inquiries and issues by phone and email.
The Solution Center Manager is responsible for managing the operations of the Penn Employee Solution Center. This position manages approximately 6 – 8 customer service specialists. The manager will be responsible for monitoring service level agreements (SLAs) and performance against the established goals. The manager will also serve as a liaison between the Solution Center and subject matter experts in HR, Finance, IT, and the Provost’s Office as well as HR and Business Partners in Penn’s Schools and Centers. The manager will be responsible for working with internal and external technical professionals for support and efficient operations of the call distribution system, case management system, and knowledge base.
A Bachelor’s Degree and 3 years to 5 years of experience or equivalent combination of education and experience is required. The successful candidate will have experience with the operations and management of a call center or service desk (preferably in the area of Human Resources or employee service). The candidate should be proficient with computer applications such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Ability to use Excel in developing varied reports strongly preferred. Solid problem solving and time management skills are essential to the position. The candidate will need to have excellent written and verbal communication skills, presentation skills, have a strong attention to detail, and be highly organized. Strong commitment to delivering excellent customer service with initiative is necessary. Any experience working in a virtual or matrix reporting structure as well as reviewing and documenting business processes is desirable. Experience with an HCM system such as Workday is desirable. Experience with an automated call distribution system and case management system is required. Must demonstrate strong relationship management skills with constituents across disciplines and levels within the organization. Familiarity with higher education is preferred.Affirmative Action Statement
Penn adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.Special Requirements Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job. Quick Link http://jobs.hr.upenn.edu/postings/46700 Posting Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- [email protected]
- Contacted by a Penn Recruiter
- Referred by a Penn Employee
- Referred by a friend or family member
- Higher Education Recruitment Consortium (HERC)
- Inside Higher Ed
- Other Internet Advertisement
- Other Social Media Site
- Professional Affiliation/Trade Website
- Diversity Association/Publication Website
- Heard about it at a conference or career fair
- Apple One
- Recruitment and/or staffing agency
- * What is your highest level of education completed?
- Less than high school education
- High School Diploma or GED
- Vocational or Technical School
- Associate's Degree or Two Year College
- Bachelor's Degree
- Master's Degree
- PHD/MD/JD or equivalent doctoral degree
- * How many years of experience do you have related to this position?
- 0 to 1 Year
- 1 to 2 Years
- 2 to 3 Years
- 3 to 5 Years
- 5 to 7 Years
- 7 to 10 Years
- Over 10 Years
- * Do you have experience with the operations and management of a call center or service desk (preferably in the area of Human Resources or employee service)?
- * If you answered yes to the question above, please elaborate on your experience.
(Open Ended Question)
- * What is your experience level with Microsoft Office software (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)?
- * Do you have experience using Excel in developing varied reports?
- * Do you have good time management, with the ability to meet deadlines and to accommodate unanticipated requests?
- * Do you have previous management experience?
- * Do you have strong telephone and customer service skills?
- * Do you have excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written?
- * Do you have previous experience with an HCM system such as Workday?
- * Do you have experience with an automated call distribution system and case management system?
- Cover Letter