To provide support in the operation and coordination of a program or multiple projects. Responsible for assigned phases of a program or select projects within an area.Description of Duties
• Coordinates program to ensure that implementation and prescribed activities are carried out in accordance with specified objectives.
• Supervises assigned day to day activities and personnel of the assigned program.
• Participates in planning and developing methods for program implementation and administration; coordinates program activities.
• Performs on-site reviews and reports activities and resolutions of project operating issues with project staff.
• May represent department in official functions.
• Drafts brochures, letters, agendas, and contracts.
• Attends meetings, conferences, and seminars related to the program’s mission and goals.
• Reviews records and reports of activities to ensure progress is being accomplished toward specified program objective; recommends modifications to methods or procedures as required to redirect activities and ensure that objective is attained.
• Supervises and organizes seminars, conferences, and presentations.
• Prepares recurring program reports for management use or as required for project or program.
• May participate in preparing grant proposals to state and federal agencies and private foundations.
• May conduct formal training or instruction in a classroom setting.
• Interacts with faculty, staff and students to promote the goals and objective of the program.
• Assists in preparing reports, proposals, manuals, and other documentation as required for the program.
• Develops and maintains database on research studies, policy issues, etc.
• Develops, cultivates, and maintains working relationships with internal/external departments/agencies and other organizations associated with and/or receiving benefit from the program.
• Performs other duties as assigned.Supervision Received
Specific supervision from assigned supervisor.Supervision Given
Supervises assigned staff.Required Education
Bachelor’s degree in a related field from an accredited universityPreferred Education
•One (1) year of general office experience or experience in the appropriate field of the program, or
•Three (3) years of the required experience with an Associate Degree or 60 hours of College Credit, or
•Five (5) years of the required experience with a High School Diploma or equivalent.
As specified for the particular job.Working Conditions
Needs to be able to successfully perform all required duties. Normal office, classroom or outside environment. Some travel and weekend work is required. Particular project or program may require ability to drive a car for local or distant travel for consultation, training, meetings, or on site demonstrations. Must be able to bend, stoop, reach and lift for retrieving/maintaining files and for setting up multimedia equipment. Must be able to move between buildings, offices and classrooms.Other
Must demonstrate effective project promotion skills, and, the ability to develop and maintain strong working relations with internal and external agencies and entities. Ability to interact in a professional manner with faculty, staff, students and the public. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Demonstrated interpersonal skills.Physical Capabilities
N/AEmployment Category Full-Time Minimum Salary Commensurate with Experience Posted Salary Commensurate with Experience Position Available Date 05/24/2019 Grant Funded Position No If Yes, Provide Grant Expiration Date Posting Detail Information EEO Statement
UTRGV is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer that strives to hire without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. UTRGV takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.Special Instructions to Applicants
Human Resources will not be held responsible for redacting any confidential information from the documents you attach with your application. The confidential information includes the following:
*Date of Birth
Please make sure that you omit this information prior to submission. We are advising that Human Resources will be forwarding your application to the department as per your submission. The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley reserves the right to discontinue accepting applications prior to the stated close date of this position, after meeting the posting requirement of three (3) calendar days.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at (956) 665-2451 and/or [email protected]Additional Information
UTRGV is a distributed location institution and working location is subject to change based on need.
All UTRGV employees are required to have a criminal background check (CBC). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Substitutions to the above requirements must have prior approval from the Chief Human Resources Officer.Quick Link http://careers.utrgv.edu/postings/21293 Posting Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you a current UTRGV employee?
- * Are you now, or previously, employed by The University of Texas System or any of its institutions?
- Yes - I currently am employed by the UT System or its institutions
- Yes - I have previously been employed by the UT System or its institutions
- No - I have never been employed by the UT System or its institutions
- * Please select your highest level of completed education.
- 6th grade education
- 10th grade education
- High School Diploma or GED
- Associates Degree, Technical, or Trade School Degree/Certification or 60 Hours of College Hours
- Bachelors Degree from an accredited university
- Masters Degree from an accredited university
- Ph. D. or other terminal degree from an accredited university
- None of the above
- * Please provide the field of study for your education:
(Open Ended Question)
- * Please indicate the number of years of full time work experience you have directly related to the position in which you are applying for:
- Less than 1 year
- 1 year
- 2 years
- 3 years
- 4 years
- 5 years
- 6 years
- 7 years
- 8 years
- 9 years
- 10 years
- Over 10 years
- * Do you meet the minimum requirements for this position?
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Curriculum Vitae
- Unofficial Transcripts
- Reference Letter 1
- Reference Letter 2
- Reference Letter 3
- Certifications and Licenses
- Training Certificates
- Other Document
- List of 3 References
- Unofficial Transcripts 2
- Unofficial Transcripts 3
- Letter of Interest
- Unofficial Graduate Transcripts
- Additional Document