Administrative Assistant I
Posting DetailsPosting Information
This position is security-sensitive and thereby subject to the provisions of the Texas Education Code §51.215, which authorizes the employer to obtain criminal history record information.Requisition 201900139S Title Administrative Assistant I FLSA status Non-Exempt Hiring Salary<br /><br/><a href=http://www.shsu.edu/dept/human-resources/payplan/documents/Pay%20Grade%20Table%202017.pdf>SHSU Salary Table</a>
$1,778 – $2,622 per monthOccupational Category Clerical Department Dept of Psychology and Philosophy Open Until Filled Yes Educational and Experience Requirement
High School graduate or G.E.D. equivalent. No experience required, but six months clerical experience is desirable. A combination of education, experience, and training that would produce the required knowledge and abilities could be considered.Nature & Purpose of Position
Performs clerical duties for the Psychological Services Center and the Department of Psychology and Philosophy.Primary Responsibilities
Performs basic clerical functions to include data and document processing and provides general customer service. Performs data entry, verifies data and files. Performs receptionist duties, directs phones and walk-in customers, and schedules appointments. Runs standard reports. Solves routine problems to complete tasks of a repetitive nature. Receives and distributes mail. Performs other duties as assigned.Other Specifications
Greets clients, answers the phone, faxes and mails correspondence. Sends reports to courts, sets up new client files, and maintains filing and billing system. Prepares and makes deposits as needed and maintains websites. Requires accuracy in all duties. Requires frequent interaction with the public and students. Must have the ability to effectively articulate information. This position handles highly confidential information and the incumbent will be expected to uphold the Psychological Service Center’s standards of professionalism and confidentiality. Position requires knowledge of standard office equipment, Microsoft Word, and Quickbooks. Knowledge of Adobe Contribute and/or Dreamweaver preferable.Full Time Part Time Full Time Quicklink http://shsu.peopleadmin.com/postings/21957 EEO Statement EEO Statement
Sam Houston State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Plan Employer and Smoke/Drug-Free Workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, ancestry, marital status, citizenship, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, or gender identity. Sam Houston State University is an “at will” employer. Security sensitive positions at SHSU require background checks in accordance with Education Code 51.215.Applicant Documents Required Documents
- Cover Letter
- Letter of Recommendation 1
- Letter of Recommendation 2
- Letter of Recommendation 3
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you legally authorized to work in the United States?
- * How did you learn about this position?
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Diverse Issues in Higher Education
- HBCU Connect - Historically Black Colleges and Universities
- HACU - Hispanic Association of Colleges & Universities
- The Journal of Blacks in Higher Education
- Association for Women in Science
- TWC - Work in Texas
- Inside Higher Ed
- Higher Ed Jobs
- HERC - Higher Education Recruitment Consortium
- SHSU Website
- SHSU Employee
- If your response to the question above was "Other" please indicate from what source.
(Open Ended Question)
- * How many years of clerical experience do you have?
- Less than 1 year
- More than 1 year but less than 3 years
- More than 3 years but less than 5 years
- More than 5 years but less than 8 years
- More than 8 years
- * What is your highest level of education?
- High School/GED
- At least 30 undergraduate credit hours, but have not obtained an Associates degree
- Associates degree
- At least 90 undergraduate credit hours, but have not obtained a Bachelors degree
- Bachelors degree
- At least 18 graduate credit hours, but have not obtained a Masters degree
- Masters degree
- * Please list the types of standard office equipment you are familiar with (Example: computers, fax machines, calculators, cash registers (POS), credit card machines, etc).
(Open Ended Question)