Video Coordinator WBB
DePaul University is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, genetic information or any other legally protected status, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local EEO laws.
Job Title Video Coordinator WBB
Job ID 3577
Location Lincoln Park Campus
Full/Part Time Full-Time
At DePaul University, we are looking for candidates who want to join us in our mission to provide access to education for all. Successful candidates welcome ideas and perspectives from colleagues and students representing a wide variety of cultures, backgrounds, religious beliefs, and experiences. We seek collaborative, open-minded and hard working professionals to work in a real world urban learning environment. Are you exceptional, yet modest and open to challenges? We seek achievers and leaders that want to bring their passion and skills to our well-respected community of approachable colleagues. Build your career with us.
In accordance with the mission of the Department of Athletics, manage video enterprise to assist in administering the progress and success of the intercollegiate women’s basketball program within the guidelines of the NCAA, the BIG EAST Conference and DePaul University. This includes all pre-season, in-season and post-season activities necessary to the development of a nationally-competitive team.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Manage all video activities for the women's basketball program.
- Exchange film with conference and non-conference opponents per specified guidelines.
- Perform in-depth analysis of our team, individual student-athletes, and our opponents by utilizing recorded video of our games and practices and opponents games.
- With this data, compile and prepare detailed video with observations and recommendations for coaching staff to use for game preparation.
- Create specialized video edits of our team and opponents for training purposes.
- Assist with recruitment of student athletes within the guidelines of the NCAA.
- Gather and analyze video of prospective student athletes for coaching staff.
- Planning of the schedule and execution of on-campus official and unofficial visits.
- Develop and maintain an organized, up to date, database of NCAA basketball games for training purposes.
- Maintain and perform upgrades and purchases for all video editing systems, subscriptions, and equipment.
- Research and incorporate new technologies and advances in video analysis to improve team performance.
- Manage social media outlets for women's Basketball program, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snap Chat, etc, with the goal of increasing followers/awareness of DePaul Women's Basketball.
- Creation of additional video and other visual aids for recruiting, camp and competition purposes.
- Knowledge of and adherence to all NCAA rules, policies and procedures pertaining to women’s basketball.
- Attend and participate in monthly NCAA rules compliance meetings.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's Degree.
- 1 - 3 years experience with video technology.
- 1 - 3 years experience with video technology with a Division I Basketball program.
- Responsible for the maintenance and upkeep of video and related equipment.
- Perform updates when needed, within budgetary requirements.
Certifications & Licenses
- Annual NCAA Recruiting certification.
- Valid driver’s license.
Other Skills & Abilities Reqd
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Working knowledge of MicroSoft Office.
- Working knowledge of current video editing systems and processes.
- Dedication to serving the department, the University and the student-athletes with the highest level of leadership, initiative and integrity.
- Must be able to handle the physical demands of team practice and competition.
You may upload other attachments (Transcripts, Portfolios, Writing samples) in the “My Activities” tab of your profile.
- Position requires working evening and weekend hours during school year.
- Travel may be required for extended periods of time for competition.
Salary & Benefits Package:
DePaul offers a comprehensive package including competitive pay and benefits to attract and retain the best talent in order to further the University's mission. For more information, please visit the following pages:
Required Background Check: