Position DetailsPosition Details Job Title HR MANAGER Position Number 8101054 Job Category University Staff Job Type Full-Time FLSA Status Exempt Campus Chicago-Water Tower Campus Department Name HUMAN RESOURCES Location Code HUMAN RESOURCES (04600B) Is this split and/or fully grant funded? No Duties and Responsibilities
Functions as a strategic business partner, as well as a hands-on HR professional, for several University schools and divisions to provide a full spectrum of HR services, included, but not limited to the following:
- Responsible for recruitment: interviews, assesses, and advises hiring manager on candidate selection; supports and promotes work place diversity.
- Manages day-to-day HR issues: collaborates with hiring managers on employee relations issues, performance management, career development, performance improvement plans, succession planning and other initiatives to increase performance, productivity, engagement, and retention.
- Provides assistance to hiring manager and applicants with on-line applicant tracking/position description system modules (People Admin 7.6).
- Handles a variety of employee relations issues, including but not limited to employee discipline, terminations, harassment/discrimination, ethics violations and other types of unprofessional conduct. – - Performs investigation and makes recommendations for resolutions/outcomes.
- Often acts as first point of contact for questions regarding interpretation of policies and practices, benefits, compensation, and other HR related issues.
- Ensures compliance with all federal and state employment laws, such as: EEOC, FLSA, OSHA/Workers’ Comp, FMLA, Title IX, ADA, VEVRAA, and others.
- Works closely with Compensation on salary offers to ensure equity, range compliance, and monitors salary lines for position control.
- Collaborates with other HR team members on developing and facilitating programs such as new employee orientation, supervisor training, and provides input on other training initiatives as needed.
- Functions as an HR investigator for our 24/7 hotline reporting system (EthicsLine).
- Provides quality customer service to faculty, staff, students, and applicants.
- May provide HR services to business units which are represented by a collective bargaining agreement.
- Oversees special events, projects, and other duties as required.
Required: Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business or related field. At least four years of progressive, professional level HR experience. Preferred: Master’s degree and/or PHR/SPHR certification.Qualifications
Must be able to:
- Interact effectively and build relationships with leadership, HR colleagues, as well as other internal/external clients and business partners.
- Possess a high level of professionalism and integrity.
- Understand and articulate key business and HR metrics.
- Demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Exhibit excellent analytical, organizational, reasoning, time management and problem-solving skills are required.
- Multitask and work in a face paced environment are essential.
- Be a confident self-starter who takes initiative and can work independently, but must have the flexibility and interpersonal skills to work as an effective member of a team.
PHR/SPHR certification preferredComputer Skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Internet and email applications.
- Ability to become well-versed with our on-line applicant tracking/position description system (People Admin); our HRIS system (Lawson); and other HR related systems.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Public Job Posting
- Internal Job Posting
- Agency Referral
- Personal Referral
- * Do you have a bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business, or a related field?
- * Do you have at least four years of progressive, professional level HR experience?
- * Do you have a Master’s degree and/or PHR/SPHR certification?
- * Why do you want to work for Loyola University Chicago?
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application