SR TECHNOLOGY COORDINATOR
Position DetailsPosition Details Job Title SR TECHNOLOGY COORDINATOR Position Number 8100484 Job Category University Staff Job Type Full-Time FLSA Status Exempt Campus Chicago-Water Tower Campus Department Name ACADEMIC & DATA SERVICES Location Code ACADEMIC & DATA SERVICES (07120A) Is this split and/or fully grant funded? No Duties and Responsibilities
This position supports the construction of new and remodeled electronic classrooms and conference rooms. Primary responsibilities include identifying appropriate equipment for learning spaces, developing a timeline for delivery, and coordinating the purchase and installation of these packages with other university departments and outside vendors. The incumbent oversees the hand-off of spaces upon completion, creates documentation, and delivers training on new systems. This position also provides on-going administrative back end support for remote classroom management and lecture capture systems. Additional duties involve on-site support for VIP events, general maintenance of equipment, evaluation of new technologies, and assistance with maintaining a pool of competent student workers. The incumbent is expected to be fluent in the university’s web conferencing platform and learning management system as well.
1. Supervises a pool of 6-8 student workers who support classroom technology.
2. Identifies appropriate equipment for classrooms and conference rooms.
3. Develops project timelines that include milestones and final deliverables.
4. Works with other university departments and outside vendors to coordinate the purchase and installation of equipment packages.
5. Oversees the hand-off of new spaces; creates documentation and delivers training.
6. Maintains the back end infrastructure for classroom systems.
7. Provides on-site support for VIP events.
8. Assists with the general maintenance of classroom equipment.
9. Evaluates new and emerging educational technologies; pilots when appropriate.
10. Performs other duties as required.
Bachelor’s degree in Business, Digital Media, Computer Science, Education, or related field with at least of five years comparable work experience.Qualifications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills along with the ability to cooperate with all levels of university personnel.
- Project management experience and exceptional organizational skills are also essential.
- Individuals should be able to work both independently and as part of a team, as well as be inspired to support faculty, staff, and students with integrating technology into the teaching and learning process.
- Prior knowledge of higher education and some supervisory experience is a plus.
None required, although any type of certification demonstrating expertise in project management, computers, multimedia, or control systems is a plus.Computer Skills
- Individuals must be familiar with a variety of technical concepts, practices, and procedures in both the computer and media industries.
- They should also have a sound understanding of operating systems (Windows and Mac), presentation software, and specialized tools such as lecture capture, interactive whiteboards, document cameras, student response systems, and a variety of mobile devices.
- Some experience with Sakai (or other LMS), Zoom, Panopto, and Top Hat is highly desired.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a Bachelor’s degree in Business, Digital Media, Computer Science, Education, or a related field?
- * Do you have a minimum of five years of related experience?
- * Do you have previous experience training and supervising students?
- * Why do you want to work for Loyola University Chicago?
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application