MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS MANAGER
Position DetailsPosition Details Job Title COMMUNICATIONS MANAGER, HSC Position Number 8150572 Job Category University Staff Job Type Full-Time FLSA Status Exempt Campus Maywood-Health Sciences Campus Department Name ADMINISTRATION HSD Location Code ADMINISTRATION HSD (06830A) Is this split and/or fully grant funded? No Duties and Responsibilities
The Loyola University Chicago Health Sciences Marketing Communications Manager is a member of the Health Sciences Campus (HSC) communication team, which is part of the University Marketing and Communication (UMC) team. This position reports to the Executive Director, Marketing and Communications, HSC and the Director of Web Services, UMC. The position provides marketing and communications support to the Niehoff, Stritch, and Parkinson Schools as well as other departments, offices and groups. The role supports content production for HSC advancement publications, works closely with UMC co-workers to ensure content is shared across channels, and produces/distributes HSC internal and external communications, including social media, e-newsletters, and content for digital screens. The position will support other marketing projects under the direction of the Executive Director.
• Develops content for the HSC internal and external communications channels (digital screens, e-newsletters, campus emails
• Build, test and analyze web pages
• Coordinate and optimize HSC news to ensure Lake Shore and Water Tower campuses are informed
• Provide content for and update HSC social media accounts; analyze, share and learn from metrics
• Help manage the intake of creative marketing requests; support clients and marketing projects as needed
• Work closely with UMC and Loyola Medicine media teams to identify story ideas and produce content for specific channels
• With direct managers, continually evaluate, develop and execute communications plans
• Assist other areas of UMC and HSC as needed, including projects in Advancement, Brand Marketing
• Manage consultants and freelancers who support HSC marketing and communications
Bachelor’s degree in English, Communications, Marketing, or related field; minimum of five years of related experience required.Qualifications
• Excellent writing, editing and presentation skills; experience writing across all media
• Attention to detail and ability to see the big picture
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, manage multiple projects, deadlines and client requests; must have experience in a client-facing environment and have a client-service approach
• Proven track record of results
• Strong organizational, project (and time) management, and interpersonal skills; initiative, curiosity, willingness to learn; flexibility; responsiveness; sense of humor
• Must understand and practice true teamwork; willing to “go the extra mile”
• Experience with SEO best practices
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Public Job Posting
- Internal Job Posting
- Agency Referral
- Personal Referral
- * Why do you want to work for Loyola University Chicago?
(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you have a Bachelor’s degree in English, Communications, Marketing, or related field?
- * Do you have at least five years of related experience?
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Writing Sample