Job Number: 83171
Job Classification: Administrative Associate 3
Job Code: 4103
Salary Grade: F
One-year fixed term, with option to extend an additional year
The Office of the Vice President for the Arts integrates the arts throughout a Stanford education, raises Stanford's profile in the arts, and develops and grows new creative programs that will engage students, faculty, and community from across the university and beyond.
Under general direction from the Manager of Grants and Programs, the Program Associate provides administrative and programmatic support for a portfolio of grantmaking and experiential learning programs, as well as provide writing support for multiple programs within the Office of the Vice President for the Arts.
- Support all aspects of the grantmaking programs including soliciting submissions, reviewing materials for completeness, preparing grant agreements, processing award payments, and programmatic data management.
- Respond to inquiries from students, faculty, and staff regarding grant opportunities and requirements. Occasionally act as a program representative at various campus events.
- Perform duties associated with scheduling, organizing, and operating events and exhibits, including recommending vendors for services, overseeing the production and distribution of materials, coordinating logistics, and serving as liaison with internal and external vendors.
- Compose and draft documents and correspondence for presentations, course handouts, events, stewardship, and reports. Perform substantial editing and fact checking. Create, maintain, modify, and ensure the accuracy of content in various departmental documents, displays, reports, brochures, social media, and website.
- Draft content for various arts-related marketing channels, including e-flyers, blog posts, news articles, and social media.
- Create complex reports and spreadsheets which may utilize specialized software and systems.
- Process a variety of complex financial transactions. May assist with program budget monitoring and reconciliation.
- Other duties as assigned. Not all unique aspects of the job are covered by this job description.
Education & Experience:
- Associate degree and four years of administrative experience, or a combination of education and relevant experience. Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Strong interest in the arts and administration preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Advanced computer skills, including email applications, Microsoft Office suite and other online documents, such as Google Docs. Ability to learn new tools, techniques, applications, systems and processes as needed.
- Demonstrated success in following through and completing projects.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and assign work to others.
- Ability to take initiative and ownership of projects.
- Ability to routinely and independently exercise sound judgment.
- Must be flexible, innovative and collaborative.
- Ability to accomplish goals working through formal and informal channels, with diplomacy and tactfulness.
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Frequently sitting.
- Occasionally stand/walk, reach/work above shoulders, grasp lightly/fine manipulation, grasp forcefully, use a telephone, sort/file paperwork or parts, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh up to 10 pounds.
- Rarely twist/bend/stoop/squat, kneel/crawl.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4103
- Employee Status: Fixed-Term
- Grade: F
- Requisition ID: 83171
Location: Arts, Stanford, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency