Business Services Director
Lafayette College: Human Resources: Staff Positions: Finance & Administration Location
May 23, 2019
Lafayette College seeks a Business Services Director responsible for supervising auxiliary and business services operated by the College including the College Store, Post Office, Print & Copy Services, and Scheduling & Event Planning) as well as for contracted services (Dining & Early Learning Center). The Business Services Director is also responsible for operating the College’s employee rental program, real estate acquisitions program, and the insurance and risk management programs. The position reports to the Associate Vice President of Finance & Business.
This position is salaried and requires routine additional hours as well as occasional weekend hours for time sensitive projects.
The position requires:
- ability to manage and supervise staff;
- ability to provide vision and leadership for the auxiliary and business services;
- ability to plan and prepare budgets and to track financial performance required;
- ability to plan and implement multiple complex projects simultaneously;
- ability to negotiate and manage contracts with outside vendors;
- excellent interpersonal, teamwork, and leadership skills;
- experience working with multiple levels of staff and with external constituencies;
- demonstrable problem-solving and communication skills; and
- excellent communication, writing and organizational skills and experience working in a fast-paced multicultural environment
The Business Services Director must demonstrate working operational knowledge of the functional areas within auxiliary and business services and how each area interfaces with other areas of the College.
The position requires a Bachelor's degree in business administration or a closely related field and six years of experience in insurance, operations, or related field.
Submit cover letter, resume, and two letters of reference via Interfolio.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Lafayette College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, disability, religion, age, military or veteran status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or familial status, pregnancy, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law in its educational programs and activities, admissions, or employment as required by Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972 (which requires that the College not discriminate on the basis of sex); the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (which requires that the College not discriminate on the basis of disability); Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (which requires that the College not discriminate on the basis of race, color, or national origin); and Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (which requires that the College not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, or national origin); and other applicable laws and College policies.