Posting DetailsPosting Details Job Title Dean Assistant/Administration Requisition Number RE18500 Working Title Assistant Dean for Diversity Department Name 81010:College of Ag, Food and Environment Work Location Lexington, KY Grade Level 49 Salary Range $67,579-111,509/year Type of Position Staff Position Time Status Full-Time Required Education
MAClick here for more information about equivalencies: http://www.uky.edu/hr/employment/working-uk/equivalencies Required Related Experience
6 yrsRequired License/Registration/Certification
Long periods of sitting and/or standing; performing repetitive motion tasks; moving of objects up to 25lbs.; effectively communicating with individuals from diverse backgrounds and varied student and/or professional levels; regular job-related travelShift
Typically days, Monday through Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm; some nights and weekends as needed.Job Summary
The College of Agriculture, Food and Environment is seeking an Assistant Dean for Diversity to strengthen workplace diversity; recruit and retain a diverse student body; build cultural competency; and to serve as a resource for faculty, staff and students of the college. The position facilitates the implementation of college-wide diversity initiatives, leads efforts on employment recruitment, collaborates with student services to lead retention activities, directs programs and designs assessment processes. The position also serves as liaison with both internal and external organizations to support diversification and inclusion activities.
IEBC – Internal Employee Being ConsideredSkills / Knowledge / Abilities Does this position have supervisory responsibilities? Yes Preferred Education/Experience Deadline to Apply 05/30/2019 University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Which best describes your years of fulltime, paid, work experience in a diversity and inclusion focused unit or department?
- More than 0, up through 1 year
- More than 1 year, up through 2 years
- More than 2 years, up through 4 years
- More than 4 years
- * Please indicate the number of years of paid work experience you have providing oversight for diversity and inclusion policy and initiatives in a higher education setting.
- More than 0, up through 3 years
- More than 3 years, up through 5 years
- More than 5 years, up through 10 years
- More than 10 years
- * Do you have Cooperative Extension Service experience?
- * Please select the response that best represents your full years paid, full-time employment experience with planning, presenting, and evaluating curriculum.
- More than 0, up to 2 years
- More than 2 years, up to 4 years
- More than 4 years, up to 6 years
- More than 6 years
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- HERCjobs.org (Higher Education Recruitment Consortium)
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- Cover Letter