Clinical Case Manager
Posting DetailsPosting Information Vacancy Type EHRA Non-Faculty Is Internal Transfer Only No Working Title Clinical Case Manager Salary Range Anticipated Hiring Range Commensurate with credentials, qualifications, and experience. Position Number 00104985 Work Schedule Monday-Friday, 8:30am-5:30pm; some participation in after hours “on call” Full Time Equivalent (FTE) 1.00 Department 244020 - Counseling Services Department Counseling Services Job City & State Raleigh, NC Primary Function of Organizational Unit
Division of Academic and Student Affairs Mission, Values & Objectives
We promote the success of the whole student.
In collaboration with our colleagues across campus, we prepare students to succeed academically, professionally and personally, to embrace a commitment to lifelong learning, and to become informed, engaged, and productive citizens.
The Counseling Center assists NC State students experiencing personal, academic or vocational problems. The goal of the Counseling Center is to provide students with professional counseling services and outreach to help them cope with issues that may impede successful academic performance. The Counseling Center also offers crisis intervention and psychological/psychiatric assessment as well as consultation with others who have concerns about the mental/emotional state of NC State students. Our services are primarily short-term in nature and we make referrals to other helping professionals and community agencies as appropriate.
• As part of a case management team, collaborate with NC State Counseling Center staff, community providers and other campus constituencies in the planning, implementation, and coordination of care of NCSU CC clients.
• Assist students with mental health services coordination and needs, including, but not limited to, referral to community resources and facilitate access to care. This includes coordination and facilitation of hospitalizations and mental health treatment through and post discharge.
• Follow up to ensure that clients are appropriately assessed, successfully referred, and compliant with treatment recommendations. Provide clinical bridging services for clients until linked with appropriate services. Collaborate with and serve as a consultant for campus CARES team as needed.
• Initiate and maintain ongoing liaison relationships with community health providers, services, hospitals, and other resources. Monitor reports from on-call service and campus partners, update client files, and notify Counseling Center providers when relevant. Maintain and update the NC State Referral Database. Follow-up with students who made contact with the Counseling Center but have not been seen by a provider. Complete documentation in a timely manner. Collect case management data and complete reports as requested.
• Provide day time and on-call after hours crisis services.
• Provide emergency/crisis care in the form of triage services.
• Collaborate and consult with key stakeholders on- and off-campus to develop and maintain comprehensive and multidisciplinary mental health care for students.
• Consult with faculty, staff, students, family members and student guardians.
• Requires some evening and weekend work.
• Provide outreach, consultation and emergency/crisis services.
• Conduct routine triage appointments for access to services.
• Conduct brief therapeutic interventions, individual and group counseling
Other duties as assignedMinimum Education/Experience
- Master’s degree required in psychology, counseling, or clinical social work.Departmental Required Skills
- Established commitment to multicultural competencies.
- Candidate must possess strong clinical skills, strong risk assessment and management, and experience in handling crisis situations.
- Strong interpersonal skills required.
- Ability to work closely as part of a team.
- Experience in a college counseling center, Coordination of referral services and triage.Required License or Certification
- Licensed at the independent level according to North Carolina laws.Special Instructions
Please upload contact information for three professional references, along with your resume and cover letter.Job Open Date 04/08/2019 Anticipated Closing Date Is this position partially or fully funded on ARRA stimulus monies? No Proposed Hire Date 06/03/2019 AA/EOE
NC State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
If you have general questions about the application process, you may contact Human Resources at (919) 515-2135 or [email protected] Individuals with disabilities requiring disability-related accommodations in the application and interview process, please call 919-515-3148.
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. If highest degree is from an institution outside of the U.S., final candidates are required to have their degree equivalency verified at www.wes.org or equivalent service. Degree(s) must be obtained prior to start date in order to meet qualifications and receive credit.
NC State University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- How did you learn of this opportunity?
- NCSU Website
- NCSU Executive Search Services
- Other Online Job Board
- Carolina Job Finder / Employment Guide
- Job / Career Fair
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Professional Journal
- Print Advertisement (Newspaper / Periodical)
- Professional Organization
- Higher Education Recruitment Consortium (HERC)
- Direct Contact from NCSU HR Representative / Recruiter
- NCSU Employee Referral
- Social Media (LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Other)
- If you learned about this vacancy from "other source" or "other website", please provide the source.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you have (or will you have by date of hire) a Master's degree or higher in psychology, counseling, or clinical social work?
- * Do you have experience working in a college setting?
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter
- Contact Information for References