Job Number: 83097
Parking & Transportation Services (P&TS) manages Stanford's award-winning Transportation Demand Management program, which includes Stanford's Commute Club, free Marguerite shuttle, transit and car-free options, bicycle program, and parking operations.
We have an exciting opportunity and looking for a Data Analyst to join the team in our brand new Stanford University Redwood City Campus.
Job Code: 4744Grade: GExemption: ExemptNote: Not all unique aspects of the job are covered by this job description
Under the direction of the Associate Director of Data Analysis and Customer Systems at Parking & Transportation Services (P&TS), process a wide variety of analytical data, respond to data requests, and perform data analyses. This position will be located at the Stanford University Redwood City Campus.
Education & Experience:
Bachelor's degree or a combination of education and relevant experience. Experience in a quantitative discipline such as economics, finance, statistics or engineering.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated skills in technical and statistical data analysis and modeling, problem-solving, and developing creative and innovative solutions.
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral, and ability to produce clear, concise, and logical reports, presentations, and correspondence.
- High degree of energy and initiative, with the ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- High level of organization, accuracy, and attention to detail.
- Ability to coordinate multiple assignments and to manage a complex and often competing set of priorities in a high-pressure, results-oriented environment.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel, proficiency with the rest of the Microsoft Office suite, and an ability and willingness to learn new software programs quickly.
- Experience working with large and complex data sets, using both database and spreadsheet software applications. Experience with GIS software preferred but not required.
- Experience working with relational database reporting tools.
- Experience with programing and scripting languages, including Python and SQL.
- Experience with statistics software packages such as R preferred but not required
Certifications and Licenses:
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Frequently sit, sort, file paperwork or parts, grasp lightly, and use fine manipulation, lift, carry, push and pull objects that weigh 10 pounds or less.
- Occasionally write by hand, twist, bend, stoop and squat.
- Rarely stand, walk, reach or work above shoulders and use a telephone.
* - Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of the job.
- May work extended hours during peak business cycles.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4744
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: G
- Requisition ID: 83097
Location: Land, Buildings and Real Estate, Redwood City, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency