Lecturer (Joint Civil & Environmental Engineering (CVE) & Mechanical, Industrial & Systems Engi...
Posting DetailsPosition Information Job Title Lecturer (Joint Civil & Environmental Engineering (CVE) & Mechanical, Industrial & Systems Engineering (MCISE) Job Description Summary, Duties and Responsibilities, Required Qualifications and Preferred Qualifications
This position is full-time academic year, limited to 06-27-2021 with anticipated renewal. Anticipated start date is January 2020.
The College of Engineering at the University of Rhode Island seeks to hire a full-time joint lecturer to support the departments of Civil and Environmental Engineering (CVE) and Mechanical, Industrial & Systems Engineering (MCISE) in the instruction of engineering mechanics courses including statics, dynamics, mechanics of materials, and related courses.
Teach 12 credits each semester. Courses may include (but are not limited to) statics, dynamics, and mechanics of materials.
Prepare student assessment and course review materials necessary for program review by the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET).
1. An M.S. degree in Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or related discipline.
2. Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills.
3. Demonstrated verbal and written communication proficiency.
4. Demonstrated ability to work with diverse groups/populations.
1. Ph.D. in Civil Engineering or Mechanical Engineering or related discipline.
2. Professional engineering (PE) licensure.
3. Demonstrated excellence in teaching.
4. Demonstrated previous teaching experience in higher education.
5. Demonstrated experience in the instruction of engineering mechanics.
ALL REQUIREMENTS ARE SUBJECT TO POSSIBLE MODIFICATION TO REASONABLY ACCOMMODATE INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES.Union AAUP - American Assoc of Univ Professors Status Academic Year, Full-time, Non-tenure-track, Limited End Date of Restriction or Limitation Department Information Department Civil&EnvironmentalEngineering Contact(s) Contact Email Campus Location Kingston Grant Funded No Extension Contingent on Funding Date Special Instructions to Applicants
Required docs: Please attach the following 3 (PDF) documents to your online Faculty Employment Application:
(#1) Cover letter that describes your interest in this position and your relevant experience as an educator or practitioner.
(#2) Curriculum Vitae, which should include the names and contact information for three professional references.
(#3) A statement describing your teaching philosophy (one page limit).
This one document is “OPTIONAL”, not required: A single scanned document of supporting materials such as teaching evaluations, employment evaluations, student feedback, etc. (as one complete document.)Posting Information Position Number 108874 Posting Number F00144 Posting Date 05/23/2019 Closing Date 06/21/2019 Open Until Filled No Quicklink for Posting http://jobs.uri.edu/postings/5038 Applicant Documents Required Documents
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Curriculum Vitae
- Statement of Teaching Philosophy
- Other Document
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have an M.S. degree in Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or related discipline?
- * Do you have demonstrated strong interpersonal skills?
- * Do you have demonstrated verbal and written communication proficiency?
- * Do you have demonstrated ability to work with diverse groups/populations?
- How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Public Job Posting
- Internal Job Posting
- Agency Referral
- Personal Referral