Position DetailsPosition Details Job Title ACADEMIC ADVISOR Position Number 8101665 Job Category University Staff Job Type Full-Time FLSA Status Exempt Campus Rogers Park-Lake Shore Campus Department Name COLLEGE OF ARTS AND SCIENCES Location Code COLLEGE OF A&S-ADVISING (02100F) Is this split and/or fully grant funded? No Duties and Responsibilities
- Cares for our students through individual and group academic advising sessions imparting a working knowledge of degree requirements and opportunities to develop students achieve their academic, career, and life goals.
- Assists, challenges and supports students in identifying and clarifying academic, career and life goals and offers appropriate motivation and encouragement.
- Serves as a proactive and constructive player within an advising team dedicated to student success.
- Accurately and efficiently communicates remaining degree requirements (Core, School and major requirements) for a timely graduation using online and off-line resources.
- Understands, conveys and implements academic policies, procedures and protocols to students, parents, faculty, and other stakeholders, while upholding FERPA requirements and the highest ethical standards.
- Assists students in resolving administrative issues related to their academic records and assists with the various duties related to registration issues.
- Maintains and updates student records, such as meeting notes, records relating to degree progress, correspondence and other documentation when appropriate.
- Identifies, monitors and provides guidance to students on probation. Makes probation and dismissal recommendations.
- Refers students directly to appropriate campus and off-campus resources to support their academic success.
- Assists with retention initiatives on a departmental and inter-departmental level.
- Performs other duties as required.
Master’s degree in College Student Personnel, Counseling or related field required and one to two years of related experience.Qualifications
- Flexibility and adaptability to a fast paced, changing environment where responsibilities and duties may frequently change.
- Ability to work effectively with students, parents, peers, faculty, and deans.
- Highly developed interpersonal, communication skills.
- Ability to readily provide empathic, compassionate, consistent, accurate, developmental, student-focused and honest advising.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to work constructively in teams and independently.
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
- A commitment to academic excellence, social justice and service, values-based leadership, global awareness and diversity.
- Ability to embrace, promote, and articulate the University’s Jesuit Catholic identity.
- Ability to work effectively with undergraduate students in a holistic manner with an enthusiasm for providing student-centered services in the Ignatian tradition.
Master’s in higher education or related field. 2 years of experience in higher ed.Computer Skills
Proficiency with MS Office Suite, Internet and email applications.Supervisory Responsibilities No Required operation of university owned vehicles No Does this position require direct animal or patient contact? No Physical Demands Repetitive Motions Working Conditions Irregular Hours Open Date Close Date Special Instructions to Applicants
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion (except where religion is a bona fide occupational qualification for the job), national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.Quick Link for Posting http://www.careers.luc.edu/postings/10984 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a Masters' Degree in Higher Ed or related field?
- * Do you have a minimum of one year of related experience?
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Teaching Statement
- Writing Sample