Conference Service Coordinator
DePaul University is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, genetic information or any other legally protected status, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local EEO laws.
Job Title Conference Service Coordinator
Job ID 3572
Location Loop Campus
Full/Part Time Full-Time
At DePaul University, we are looking for candidates who want to join us in our mission to provide access to education for all. Successful candidates welcome ideas and perspectives from colleagues and students representing a wide variety of cultures, backgrounds, religious beliefs, and experiences. We seek collaborative, open-minded and hard working professionals to work in a real world urban learning environment. Are you exceptional, yet modest and open to challenges? We seek achievers and leaders that want to bring their passion and skills to our well-respected community of approachable colleagues. Build your career with us.
The position is responsible for all activities of the Conference Services office environment and floor operations for the Loop Student Center and Conference Services. Reporting to the Assistant Director – Operations, this position also oversees all day-of-event production in the meeting rooms of the Loop Student Center, Conference Services, and affiliated spaces, including assuring proper event set up; greeting event organizers; and final adjustments to meetings, programs, and conferences. The Coordinator also oversees floor operations including patron use of the lounge, computer lab, outdoor terrace, and dining room, safety and security, equipment repair and maintenance, and liaisons to housekeeping services. This position will also provide assistance to the internal Loop reservations team by reviewing and confirming events.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Oversees all floor operations and event production of Loop Student Center, Conference Center, and affiliated spaces.
- Assures meeting rooms are set up on a timely basis.
- Greets event planners and performs last minute adjustments to set up and AV.
- Prepares and administers reservation forms and set up diagrams.
- Monitors use of public spaces including lounges, computer lab, dining room, and outdoor Terrace.
- Answers inquiries by phone, email and walk-in for Conference Center Office.
- Assists with event coordination and reservation requests by relaying all communications to appropriate event planner.
- Enters work orders to Facility Operations for set up, housekeeping, repairs, and special needs.
- Coordinate preventative maintenance and repairs/replacements of Student Centers’ furnishings, fixtures, and equipment, including A/V equipment.
- This includes researching and recommending the purchase of new furniture and equipment to upgrade, replace, or enhance existing inventory.
- Maintains equipment inventory for Loop campus.
- Tracks and updates inventory for events.
- Maintains equipment storage areas.
- Oversees repair of equipment.
- Purchases and deploys new supplies as needed.
- Assists with entry and approvals for internal Loop reservations.
- Contacts clients to confirm details on routine event reservations and update reservations in the Event Scheduling software and diagramming software.
- Trains student employees in meeting room set up and monitoring use of Student Center and Conference Center facilities.
- Schedules student employee coverage.
- Assigns daily tasks to student workers and reviews their work.
- Manages locker rental and renewal process.
- Works with clients on locker payments.
- Maintains spreadsheet database.
- Supervises and assists with annual locker clean out.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience
- Associates degree.
- Bachelors degree.
- 1-2 years of full time work in an event planning/production capacity helpful.
- Supervisory or operations oversight experience in a student union desirable.
- Hire, train, develop and evaluate up to 20 student employees (employee job action must be reviewed by manager).
- On site decisions regarding operations of events can be made. When client is persistently dissatisfied a supervisor needs to be called.
Other Skills & Abilities Reqd
- Supervision and leadership of student staff.
- Event planning, coordination, and oversight abilities.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Daily contact with internal and external clients to ensure smooth operations of the scheduled events.
- Daily contact with student employees.
- Working knowledge of computer business applications and computer reservations systems.
- Working knowledge of common audio visual equipment.
- Routine moving, lifting and setting of event equipment including audio visual, meeting rooms tables and chairs, and furniture.
You may upload other attachments (Transcripts, Portfolios, Writing samples) in the “My Activities” tab of your profile.
- Responding to emergencies that occur in event production during non-business hours is expected.
- Availability for major campus events outside of regular business hours is necessary and expected.
- Availability for events on both Loop and Lincoln Park is expected.
Salary & Benefits Package:
DePaul offers a comprehensive package including competitive pay and benefits to attract and retain the best talent in order to further the University's mission. For more information, please visit the following pages:
Required Background Check: