First Year Admissions Counselor
Category:: Administrative / Staff
Department:: 01-52-5260-Trad Admissions
Locations:: Longmeadow, MA
Posted:: May 22, 2019
Closes:: Open Until Filled
Type:: Full-Time Salaried (Exempt)
About Bay Path University:
When Bay Path opened its doors to students in downtown Springfield, MA in 1897, it had a very clear goal: to provide a practical, affordable, and career-oriented education to meet the needs of companies, organizations, and communities. From the beginning, Bay Path prided itself on being entrepreneurial, constantly pushing the boundaries of the academic experience to fit the student. To start them on the road of success. We still do.
Today, that spirit and philosophy is more important than ever in higher education. At Bay Path, it's not just the number and breadth of undergraduate and graduate programs that defines us-and we have many-but it is our ability to connect the classroom to learning to leadership to experience to career that is at the core of what we do best. We know the work that needs to be done.
Bay Path University, an independent and not-for-profit institution, was named Among Fastest Growing Baccalaureate Colleges by the Chronicle of Higher Education Almanac, and is a member of the Women's College Coalition. With a main campus in Longmeadow, MA and four satellite locations, (East Longmeadow, Sturbridge, Concord, Springfield), Bay Path offers undergraduate, graduate (for women and men) degrees, and professional certificates.
We're committed to preparing our students to navigate a constantly changing world. Whether it is one of our innovative academic programs, groundbreaking online learning platform, or through our Women as Empowered Learners and Leaders initiative, we educate our students in ways that will help them to grow, learn to adapt, and always to flourish. Be part of the change.
We invite you to visit our website at www.baypath.edu where you can learn more about Bay Path University.
- Position Code: TBD
- Job Type: Full-Time Staff
- Hours: 8:30 am to 5:00 pm, with am and pm hours required outside of the standard 8:30 am to 5:00 pm.
- Schedule: M-F with some Saturdays and Sundays required
- Position Location: Longmeadow, MA Campus
The Admissions Counselor focuses primarily on direct student recruitment by ethically communicating the value of a Bay Path University education and college experience to prospective students. Primary communication is done via the telephone, email, text and interpersonal contact on- and off-campus. The willingness and ability to work flexible schedules that includes some evening hours and weekends is required.
The Admissions Counselor will report to the Director of First Year Recruitment and will be required to work some nights and weekends.This counselor must be fluent in Spanish.
- Effectively and ethically communicate with prospective students and their influencers (e.g. family members, guidance counselors, coaches, etc.) via the combined use of phone, text and email.
- Manage a geographic territory within which prospective students are encouraged to ask for more information, apply and be admitted to BPU, visit campus, seek financial assistance and ultimately enroll.
- Plan daily outreach to students and influencers.
- Plan for and travel to designated high schools and college fairs.
- Build relationships with students, influencers, and guidance counselors.
- Positively interact with students and influencers during campus visits.
- Quickly become proficient in knowledge of and ability to communicate the importance of:
- Academic programs and faculty
- Co-curricular activities
- Financial aid
- Outcomes of graduates
- Campus facilities
- Pathways for graduate degrees
- Develop and strengthen assigned territory by researching trends, demographics, etc., and exploring marketing opportunities.
- Comply with all necessary systems and data entry requirements as needed to effectively maintain student records and to account for outreach efforts.
- Work within the customer relationship management system and any other software required.
- Attend trainings as required.
- Perform other duties and take on additional responsibilities as requested by the University.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Must be fluent in Spanish.
- Excellent communication skills, including writing, proofreading skills, and speaking.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work assignments from a variety of staff and volunteers.
- Excellent interpersonal skills both in person and by phone, with high professionalism.
- Ability to accomplish projects and meet required deadlines with little supervision.
- Exceptional customer service ethic and high expectations for quality.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and customer relationship management software.
- Ability and willingness to travel, primarily by automobile, to various locations and events independently.
- Valid U.S. driver's license.
- Must successfully pass the online safe Driving Course and driving record check at time of hire and annually thereafter.
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion and within FERPA and HIPPA guidelines.
- Ability to adhere to University policies and procedures.
- Ability to represent the admissions profession positively through a strong, student-centered ethic.
- Willingness to work flexible and extended schedule including weekends, evenings and overnights.
- Conscious awareness and mindfulness for others.
- Is committed to a culture of diversity and respect; demonstrated ability to build working relationships with people having a wide variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences different from ones' own
- General knowledge of the University's mission, purpose and goals and the role of this position in achieving those goals.
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Bay Path University is a diverse community devoted to proactively nurturing a campus-wide culture that promotes and ensures respect, inclusion and safety for all members regardless of race, color, national origin, age, gender, religion, sexual orientation and gender identity, socio-economic background, or physical ability. We are one University that opens our hearts and minds to conversations, to learning and to creating a community that is welcoming of all. Regardless of position, it is expected that each employee will embrace this commitment and demonstrate an attitude of respect toward and acceptance of all members of our community.
Bay Path University is a smoke- and tobacco-free community.
All offers of employment are contingent on satisfactory background checking.
Applicants for this position should attach a cover letter resume / curriculum vitae, the contact information for four (4) professional, work related references and any other relevant information pertaining to this position and your candidacy. Please apply online. Faxes and emails will not be accepted.
Bay Path University is dedicated to building a culturally diverse and pluralistic faculty committed to teaching and learning in a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from minorities, women and all underrepresented backgrounds. An Equal Opportunity Employer, Bay Path University is committed to fostering diversity in its student body, faculty, and staff.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), if you have a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position please email us at [email protected] or call 413-565-1168.