Enterprise Application Developer (Analyst/Programmer - Career)
Job Title: Enterprise Application Developer (Analyst/Programmer - Career)
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 13728
Job Code: 0400 Analyst/Programmer -12
Job Grade: Career
Department: EnterAppl InfoSyst
Anticipated Hiring Salary Range: $4,372 - $6,917 per month
Note: This is a full-time, probationary, exempt position.var RichTextValue = PTRTEFillcache('https://cmshr.fresnostate.edu/psp/HFRPRD_newwin/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_CE.GBL','PT_RTE_IMG_DB_LOC','record://PTRTDB','HRS_JO_PDSC_VW_DESCRLONG$0','1');var TextAreaObject = document.getElementById('HRS_JO_PDSC_VW_DESCRLONG$0');TextAreaObject.innerHTML = RichTextValue;
Working independently under the general supervision of the Director of Enterprise Applications and Information Systems in Technology Services, the Enterprise Applications Developer is a member of a work group supporting the administrative and academic technology applications for California State University, Fresno. This position provides technical support for functional business areas including Academic Technology, Student Affairs, Finance, Human Resources, Payroll, Instruction, Scheduling, Student support, and other campus administrative and academic departments. This position provides direct technical support to campus usage of the PeopleSoft Campus Solutions Systems and interfaces to these applications. The scope of duties include collecting and documenting user specifications, software program and report development based on specifications, documentation and quality assurance testing. This position may be assigned a variety of other tasks including working with vendors, staff, facility, management and other members of the university community to analyze, document, develop, implement, update, and support cohesive learning management solutions.var RichTextValue = PTRTEFillcache('https://cmshr.fresnostate.edu/psp/HFRPRD_newwin/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_CE.GBL','PT_RTE_IMG_DB_LOC','record://PTRTDB','HRS_JO_PDSC_VW_DESCRLONG$1','1');var TextAreaObject = document.getElementById('HRS_JO_PDSC_VW_DESCRLONG$1');TextAreaObject.innerHTML = RichTextValue;
Major Duties of the job include:
- Provide technical and system support for PeopleSoft Systems and related third party application interfaces.
- Interact with outside IT Solution Providers for systems and consulting resources to ensure effective support for current operations and identify and direct proposed IT system evolution to new releases and/or product mixes.
- Interact with vendor support staff and Technology Services staff in implementing recommended resolutions. Assist in quality assurance testing for the application of system patches, releases, and upgrades to the development and testing databases, and assist and direct functional testing of these environments prior to their being moved to production. Coordinate with change control staff when needed in the move to production.
- Provide technical solutions to meet business processing requirements.
- Coordinate with and maintain a positive working relationship with other information technology resources on campus and at other CSU campuses to best serve the changing campus administrative computing needs.
- Provide recommendations to the Director on tactical and strategic technical resource decisions.
Secondary Duties of the job include:
- Participation in all needed supported software User Teleconferences for the campus.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of administrative systems development and workflow processes
- Excellent analytical, communication and writing skills
- Ability to:
- Analyze business computing needs, design appropriate solutions, employ programming tools and see projects through completion with little supervision
- Apply consultative skills to assess user needs and communicate technology systems and solutions
- Perform systems and applications needs analysis, prepare requests for proposals, and conduct feasibility studies
- Create and maintain project and users documentation for use by internal and external users
- Maintain effective working relationships with others
- A history of regular attendance and positive performance evaluations
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, business or related discipline. Qualifying experience may be substituted for required education.
- Two years or more work experience in applications programming and related support functions in a client/server relational database application system
- Two years or more work experience in SQL
- Experience developing in PeopleSoft Campus Solutions
- Experience with Learning Management System integration or technical support
- Experience in higher education student records environment or public service agency
- Experience with Oracle relational database systems
- Experience creating end user reports and data representations utilizing various statistical and status query tools
Applications received by June 22, 2019 will be reviewed for minimum qualifications and given full consideration by the hiring manager and/or search committee. Qualified applicants received after that date will be forwarded at the request of the hiring manager and/or search committee.var RichTextValue = PTRTEFillcache('https://cmshr.fresnostate.edu/psp/HFRPRD_newwin/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_CE.GBL','PT_RTE_IMG_DB_LOC','record://PTRTDB','HRS_JO_PDSC_VW_DESCRLONG$6','1');var TextAreaObject = document.getElementById('HRS_JO_PDSC_VW_DESCRLONG$6');TextAreaObject.innerHTML = RichTextValue;
Complete the required fields on the online application, a resume, and three professional references, including telephone numbers, are required. A cover letter that addresses your qualifications for the position is also required. Full consideration will not be given to applicants who fail to complete all application requirements.
Pursuant to Executive Order 1088, reasonable accommodation is to be provided upon request from an employee or applicant with disabilities, unless doing so would impose an undue hardship on the campus. What constitutes a reasonable accommodation is to be determined by the campus on a case-by-case basis after it has received the individual's request for accommodation and engaged in an interactive process. Employees or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation should contact Human Resources directly at (559) 278-2032.
How To Apply
To apply for this or any open position at Fresno State visit our online employment site at: http://jobs.csufresno.edu/var RichTextValue = PTRTEFillcache('https://cmshr.fresnostate.edu/psp/HFRPRD_newwin/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_CE.GBL','PT_RTE_IMG_DB_LOC','record://PTRTDB','HRS_JO_PDSC_VW_DESCRLONG$8','1');var TextAreaObject = document.getElementById('HRS_JO_PDSC_VW_DESCRLONG$8');TextAreaObject.innerHTML = RichTextValue;
Pursuant to the requirements of the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, any offer of employment is contingent upon verification of individual's eligibility to be employed in the United States.
California State University, Fresno, in conjunction with the CSU policy, requires that the successful candidate complete a full background check (including a criminal records check) prior to assuming this position. Failure to satisfactorily complete or pass the background check may impact the job offer or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for posted positions identified as sensitive.
California State University, Fresno annual security report includes statistics for the previous three years concerning reported crimes that occurred on campus, in certain off-campus buildings or property owned or controlled by Fresno State, and on public property within, or immediately adjacent to or accessible from the campus. The report also includes institutional policies concerning campus security, alcohol/drug use, crime prevention, reporting of crimes, sexual assault, and other matters. You can obtain a copy of this report by contacting the Campus Police Department or by accessing the following web site: http://www.fresnostate.edu/adminserv/police/clery/index.html
The person holding this position is considered a "mandated reporter" under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 Revised July 21, 2017 as a condition of employment. You can obtain a copy of this Executive order by accessing the following web site: https://www.calstate.edu/eo/EO-1083-rev-7-21-17.html
This position may be a "designated position" in the California State University's Conflict of Interest Code. The successful candidate accepting this position may be required to file Conflict of Interest forms subject to the regulations of the Fair Political Practices Commission.
Fresno State is a tobacco-free, smoke-free and vapor-free campus.
Other Applicant Information
Applicants will receive confirmation of receipt of their application materials via automatic email reply. In addition, qualified applicants will receive email notification at the conclusion of the recruitment process.
It is the policy of the California State University to fill vacant positions represented by the California State University Employees' Union (CSUEU) with qualified applicants currently employed on the campus. Other applicants may be selected when it is necessary to meet the best interests of the campus by obtaining specialized skills and abilities not available from campus applicants.
Equal Employment Opportunity
California State University, Fresno is committed to maintaining and implementing employment policies and procedures in compliance with applicable state and federal equal employment opportunity laws and regulations. Executive Order 883 prohibits discrimination and Executive Order 927 prohibits harassment, on the basis of a protected status: race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sex (including gender identity, per HR 2004-12), sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, mental disability, physical disability, medical condition and covered veteran status. Retaliation against individuals for complaining about these proscribed conduct, opposing such conduct, or participating in an investigation or proceeding involving such conduct is prohibited by both executive orders.
Further, California State University, Fresno's statement of commitment to equal employment opportunity principles is also found in the various collective bargaining agreements.
California State University, Fresno is one of 23 campuses in the California State University System. The University's mission is to offer high-quality educational opportunities to qualified students at the bachelor's and master's levels, and in certain applied disciplines, at the doctoral level. The current student enrollment is approximately 24,000, including a large percentage of students with diverse and
culturally rich backgrounds. The University serves the San Joaquin Valley while maintaining deep involvement with the state, nation, and world. California State University, Fresno promotes student learning and community engagement through faculty scholarship and service learning opportunities in collaboration with community organizations, educational institutions, industry, business and government. The University was one of the first U.S. Colleges and Universities to be selected by The Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching for its Community Engagement Classification.
Metropolitan Fresno, with a multi-ethnic population of over 600,000, is located in the heart of the San Joaquin Valley on the western edge of the Sierra Nevada Mountain Range. The campus is within driving distance of San Francisco, Los Angeles, Yosemite, Kings Canyon and Sequoia National Parks, the Monterey Peninsula, beaches, sailing, lakes, and numerous ski resorts. Fresno boasts one of the most reasonable housing markets in California and offers a wide array of locally grown fruits and produce.