Research Data Analyst
Research Data Analyst
Job Number: 83093
Stanford University is seeking a Research Data Analyst 1 to Manage and analyze large amounts of information, typically technical or scientific in nature, under the direction of project researchers, investigators, or managers.
- Collect, manage and clean datasets.
- Employ new and existing tools to interpret, analyze, and visualize multivariate relationships in data.
- Create databases and reports, develop algorithms and statistical models, and perform statistical analyses appropriate to data and reporting requirements.
- Use system reports and analyses to identify potentially problematic data, make corrections, and determine root cause for data problems from input errors or inadequate field edits, and suggest possible solutions.
- Develop reports, charts, graphs and tables for use by investigators and for publication and presentation.
- Analyze data processes in documentation.
- Collaborate with faculty and research staff on data collection and analysis methods.
- Provide documentation based on audit and reporting criteria to investigators and research staff.
- Communicate with government officials, grant agencies and industry representatives.
* - Other duties may also be assigned
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED):
Bachelor's degree or a combination of education and relevant experience. Experience in a quantitative discipline such as economics, finance, statistics or engineering.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED):
- Substantial experience with MS Office and analytical programs.
- Strong writing and analytical skills.
- Ability to prioritize workload.
- Sitting in place at computer for long periods of time with extensive keyboarding/dexterity.
- Occasionally use a telephone.
- Rarely writing by hand.
* - Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
WORKING CONDITIONS:Some work may be performed in a laboratory or field setting.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4751
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: G
- Department URL: http://dermatology.stanford.edu
- Requisition ID: 83093
Location: School of Medicine, Stanford, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency