Lead GroundskeeperTracking Code190541 Job Description
Position is responsible for campus shrub, perennial flower, groundcover beds, and tree maintenance, primarily on inner campus and tree trail area. Assist groundskeepers with irrigation repairs, chemical applications, mowing and other aspects of campus maintenance. Snow and ice removal to include being called in during off hours. Assist with trash removal and recycling. Perform maintenance and repairs to grounds equipment. Other duties as assigned.Required Skills
- 5 years grounds maintenance experience to include: proper pruning techniques, ability to identify most plant material and proper placement of material, knowledge and experience with the proper use and application of chemicals, have chemical applicators license or ability to obtain within 6 months of hire date.
- Knowledge of irrigation installation and repairs, particularly with drip irrigation and residential and commercial applications
- 5 years of work experience in the Landscape maintenance field
- Landscape Design/Installation experience
- Previous experience with snow removal and snow removal equipment
Every employee of the college is expected to treat all members of the college community with dignity and respect demonstrating professional, courteous and respectful behavior and engage in constructive conflict resolution, when needed.
In accordance with the college policy, finalists for this position will be subject to criminal background investigations. Individual hiring departments at JCCC may elect to administer pre-employment tests, which are relevant to essential job functions as part of the applicant selection/hiring process. Many departments require those selected for hire to submit a certified transcript for all degrees obtained. For full consideration, applicants are encouraged to apply prior to the review date listed in posting.
Johnson County Community College welcomes the application of any qualified candidate and does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, national origin, disability, age, religion, genetic information, marital status, veteran's status, sexual orientation, or other factors that cannot be lawfully considered.
If you are an applicant requesting assistance or a reasonable accommodation in the application process, please contact the Office of Human Resources at 913-469-3877, or email.
For a summary of all disclosures (Background check, Clery Act, ADA, EOE, etc) refer to the links on our Career page.Job Location Overland Park, Kansas, United StatesPosition TypeFull-Time/Regular