Director of Corporate Relations
Director of Corporate Relations
The Director of Corporate Relations is a principal member of the University Advancement team, working to create and implement engagement and solicitation plans to secure corporate support for Towson University's institution-wide objectives and programmatic opportunities. The incumbent will successfully manage the current corporate portfolio while identifying and securing new donors, achieving established fundraising goals. Working collaboratively across TU, this role aligns existing partnerships and will secure significant new corporate institutional partners.
The Director of Corporate Relations manages all aspects of a comprehensive portfolio including:
- Overseeing the full lifecycle of institutional grant requests and corporate sponsorships including writing proposals, cultivation and stewardship communications, and coordinating deliverables for reporting.
- Building relationships with new and existing institutional donors to secure renewals, multi-year funding, and long-term sustaining partnerships. Includes regular cultivation and stewardship such as site visits, program updates, and event invitations.
- Coordinates with key members of TU colleges to develop dynamic and compelling proposals, draft budgets and financial expenditures, and ensure timely submission of requests and reports. Prepare, review, and processes contractual documents and grant agreements.
- Manages all database records including donor/prospect data, proposal status, acknowledgements, contact reports, stewardship protocols, and action plans.
- Oversees maintenance of University Advancement giving opportunities and projects across TU and TU's colleges. Develops a comprehensive engagement plan to achieve long-term financial goals.
Participates and contributes to University Advancement strategy and work plan development. Develops excellent relations across the University, and obtain a comprehensive understanding of the programs and funding priorities of all aspects of the University. Seeks and participate in opportunities to raise the profile of the University across the region and nationally. Attends events and provide input for publications, events and advisory boards as needed.
Partners with TU Major Gift Officers and members of TU's Office of Promotions and Events to periodically obtain corporate sponsorship support for specific TU events or projects in need of immediate support.
Performs other duties and special projects as assigned or directed.
Bachelor's Degree with a minimum of 4 years of professional customer relationship experience, including sales and new business acquisition skills. Well organized, able to handle multiple projects simultaneously and demonstrate initiative. Experience writing requests and reports with a proven track record of success. The ability to travel in and out of state and work evenings and weekends throughout the year. Must be team-oriented, creative and able to exhibit excellent written and oral communication skills. Must have experience with both a CRM database and Microsoft Office products required.
- Business to business sales experience a plus.
- Experience in managing a portfolio of prospects and customers/donors in order to consistently achieve financial goals.
- Ability to build client trust via in-person, telephone and electronic communications.
A Criminal Background Investigation is required for the hired candidate and the results may impact employment.
Salary and Benefits
Competitive salary and full university benefits that include excellent health, life insurance, and retirement plans; tuition remission; and 22 days of annual leave, 14 holidays, personal and sick days. To learn more about our benefits, please click here.
This position will be open for a minimum of 14 days. Cover letter and resume are requested, but not required.
To view and apply to current job openings please visit www.towson.edu/jobs.
Office of Human Resources
8000 York Road
Towson University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and has a strong institutional commitment to diversity. Women, minorities, persons with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process due to a physical or mental disability, please send an email to: [email protected].
Towson University is a smoke-free campus.