University Dean of Business - CTU Online
The University Dean serves as the thought leader for the university in the academic discipline area(s) of responsibility as well as providing oversight of curriculum within those discipline areas. This includes the research and development of the curriculum including new programs, outreach into the larger academic and professional communities.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
· Plans, develops and coordinates implementation of strategy including undergraduate, graduate programs and doctoral courses in the business and management discipline.
· Serves as the primary thought leader and in-house SME for the curriculum areas overseen
· Engage in industry-relevant research that supports and informs the curriculum and the larger academic discipline
· Actively engages in thought leadership efforts, conference participation, and outreach to the academic and professional communities (including interaction with advisory boards and other experts)
· Oversees efforts, where relevant, to acquire and maintain programmatic accreditation
· Supports as required Provost and /or CAO with curriculum initiatives
· Serves as a liaison between program areas and Academic Leadership team
· Supervises Program Directors who monitor curriculum quality to ensure student learning outcomes
· Supports program level assessment of student learning for appropriate general education and professional outcomes
· Provides direction and approves new program development and program/course revisions and ensures that the Program Director supervises and coordinates the curriculum development and revision process.
· Provides vision and leads new academic program development
· Collaborates with colleagues in Admissions, Advising, Marketing and other areas to facilitate optimal distribution of program information and provide job sources and trend information
· Understands the mission, vision, goals and academic standards policies of the University and espouses them in the performance of duties
Participates in special academic related projects as necessary
· Doctorate/terminal degree
· Minimum 5 years college/university academic management experience
· Minimum 5 years college/university teaching experience.
Minimum 5 years of experience in professional field
Demonstrated ability to lead and manage human resources.
•Demonstrated ability to build academic programs.
•Demonstrated understanding of higher education.
•Demonstrated understanding of applicable regulatory, accrediting agency, and professional association standards.
Competency – Functional/Technical Skills
•Extensive expertise in both academic operations and compliance.
•Extensive expertise in process implementation.
•A solid understanding of academic trends.
Competency – Drive for Results/Action Oriented
•Proven ability to establish and articulate a vision, set and exceeds goals, develops and executes strategies, and track and measure results.
•Proven ability to build and motivate a team to achieve well communicated expectations, steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
•Proven ability to lead projects and achieve results in an ambiguous work environment.
Competency – Business & Strategic Acumen
•Must possess strong strategic and business acumen, for a complex business environment same or similar to proprietary education. Knows how businesses work, up to date on trends, technology and information, is aware of how strategies and tactics work in the marketplace
•Demonstrated ability to deal with concepts and complexity comfortably and is sharp, capable and agile. Is able to connect the dots between disparate points and anticipate downstream consequences. Can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans
•Makes decisions that are simultaneously well researched, thoughtful and timely before exhausting too much time and resources. Demonstrated ability to make a quick decision.
Competency - Execution
•Proven organizational ability, is highly skilled at finding resources to get things done, can orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal
•Skilled priority setting, allocates time of self and others on what’s important; differentiates issues by relative importance and takes action accordingly to follow through
•Track record of persevering despite challenges to overcome resistance and obstacles in pursuit of key objectives.
Competency – Collaboration & Teamwork
•Proven strong negotiating and consensus building abilities.
•Proven strong leadership skills within the project team and in the business/academic community.
•Leads team providing strong communication and respect. Provides valuable feedback and maintains composure at all times.
•Proven skills to work effectively across internal functional areas in ambiguous situations. Knows how organizations work and how to get things done both through formal channels and informal network. Understands the culture.
Competency - Communication & Composure
•Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
•Excellent presentation skills.