Assistant Coach Men's Basketball
Posting DetailsPosting Details Position Title Assistant Coach Men's Basketball External Link to Posting http://jobs.uncw.edu/postings/14410 Department Athletics - 25900 Vacancy Number E350 Position Number 8132 Location of Workplace Main UNCW Campus Brief Summary of Work for this Position
The Assistant Coach assists the Head Coach in providing leadership for a NCAA Division I program. Assists with all aspects of the men’s basketball program and plays an integral part in the day-to-day administrative responsibilities, daily team training, evaluation and recruitment of student-athletes, academic monitoring, and skill development. This position must work within UNCW, CAA, and NCAA guidelines to provide student-athletes an exceptional collegiate experience while competing for championships.Minimum Requirements
• Bachelor’s Degree with two years of coaching experience.List the knowledge, skills, and abilities required to perform the essential functions of the position
• Demonstrated leadership and communication skills along with strong verbal, written and interpersonal skills.
• Must possess the highest level of ethical standards, recruit qualified student-athletes, and display a strong commitment to their academic success.
• Must possess and maintain a current driver’s license and maintain a satisfactory driving record while serving in the position.
• Working knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office programs.Preferred formal education, professional skills and work experience
• Master’s Degree
• Division I coaching experience.
• Demonstrated success in recruitment of scholarship athletes.
• Certified in CPR, AED, and First Aid.Primary purpose of the division, department, and/or grant
The UNCW Department of Athletics sponsors 19 varsity sports and competes in the NCAA Division I as a member of the Colonial Athletic Association. UNCW Athletics mission is to enrich the University through a commitment to developing leadership qualities among its student-athletes by providing opportunities which support and promote academic excellence, community engagement and competitive success.College/School Information University Information
The University of North Carolina Wilmington, the state’s coastal university, is dedicated to learning through the integration of teaching and mentoring with research and service. Guided by our Strategic Plan, the university is committed to nurturing a campus culture that reflects its values of diversity and globalization, ethics and integrity, and excellence and innovation. A public institution with nearly 17,000 students, the university is focused on supporting and enhancing the student-centered learning experience that has been a hallmark since its founding in 1947. UNCW offers an array of programs at the baccalaureate and master’s levels, and doctoral programs in marine biology, educational leadership, psychology and nursing practice. UNCW is one of the 17 institutions that make up the UNC System.EEO Statement
The University of North Carolina at Wilmington is committed to and will provide equality of educational and employment opportunity for all persons regardless of race, sex (such as gender, gender identity, marital status, childbirth, and pregnancy), age, color, national origin (including ethnicity), religion, disability, sexual orientation, political affiliation, veteran status, military service member status, genetic information, or relationship to other university constituents – except where sex, age, or ability represent bona fide educational or occupational qualifications or where marital status is a statutorily established eligibility criterion for State funded employee benefit programs.Applicant Instructions Months Per Year 12 Months Position Type Permanent Anticipated Ending Date if Time-Limited Positions Job Posting Date 05/21/2019 Priority Consideration Date 06/19/2019 Priority Consideration Information
Priority consideration will be given to applications received by the Priority Date; however, applications will be accepted until the position is filled.Address application documents to Applicant Documents Required Documents
- Cover Letter
- List of 3 Professional References
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a Bachelor’s degree with two years of collegiate coaching experience?
(Open Ended Question)
- * Please describe your experience with recruiting qualified student-athletes, and how you would display a strong commitment to their academic success.
(Open Ended Question)
- * How did you learn of this opportunity with UNC Wilmington?
- UNCW LinkedIn Page
- UNCW Facebook Page
- UNCW Twitter Account
- UNCW Website
- Carolina Job Finder / Employment Guide
- Direct Contact from UNCW HR Representative / Recruiter
- UNCW Employee Referral
- Other Social Media Tools
- Chronicle of Higher Education