Provost Office Coordinator
Posting DetailsPosition Information Position Title Provost Office Coordinator Who we are:
National Louis is a 130+ year old university that has been grounded in the values of innovation, access, and excellence from its inception. As an institution we believe in providing access to educational opportunity and that education is our greatest lever for social and economic mobility. We are a student focused community that is committed to continuous improvement and asks how do we become more “student ready” so that we may better serve our students. We believe that through education we are able to empower change and build healthy communities. Our community works hard in the service of students and supports one another like a family.What we offer:
At National Louis University we offer our employees an innovative environment to work together and inspire the ideas that will make an impact. As our external environment changes, our employees are provided the opportunities and tools needed to grow both personally and professionally to remain successful. NLU employees and dependents are offered a wide range of benefits, including but not limited to, Health Insurance benefits, Retirement benefits, Paid Time Off and Educational Benefits.Campus Chicago - Michigan Ave. If other, please specify Position Status Full Time If part time, hours per week What you will do:
The Provost Office Coordinator is an important part of ensuring Academic Operations for NLU runs smoothly at all times. This position is responsible for directly supporting with the most senior levels of the academic arm NLU and thus contributing to their overall success and efficiency. By way of supporting the Provost and his/her direct reports, this position often serves as a liaison with critical internal and external leaders and stakeholders. Strong communication skills, proactive execution, a high level of attention to detail, and the ability to independently prioritize work are not only key competencies of this role, but expectations.
This position is responsible for providing administrative support to the NLU Provost and Provost Office Leaders, but will often be called upon to provide support for functions that enable faculty and other Provost Office staff members. This position is also responsible for supporting and coordinating projects for the Provost Office, faculty, and staff. The Provost Office Coordinator also has the specific responsibility of executing the university’s curricular approval and Academic Alert processes, under the direction of the Vice Provost. This position will report to the Provost Office Chief of Staff.Outcomes:
Project Support and Coordination
- Support the Provost Office leadership in coordinating resources, plans and organizing projects around a specific goal. The specific projects will vary based on the goals and needs of the Provost Office.
- Responsibilities may include proactively creating and/or maintaining task lists to ensure deadlines are met, leading specific tasks within a project, and supporting and/or managing project documentation and communications.
- Examples of projects the Provost Office Coordinator might be responsible for coordinating include Records Management, regular Provost Office newsletters/communications, Provost Office staff meetings, new hire onboarding framework, and auditing and maintaining faculty policies. This could include managing the work of a student worker to support projects, if applicable.
Curricular Approval and Academic Alert Processing
- Support the Vice Provost in managing and executing the curricular approval and Academic Alert process for NLU. The Provost Office Coordinator is primarily responsible for the timely processing of all curricular approvals and creation of Academic Alerts. This includes being primarily responsible for any follow-up with the Vice Provost and college stakeholders to ensure the process and timeline is adhered to.
- Responsibilities also include proactively identifying and suggesting opportunities for process improvement and efficiencies.
- With guidance and oversight from the Vice Provost, the Provost Office Coordinator is responsible for preparing communications, timeline and training materials for the curricular approval and Academic Alert processes. This could include managing the work of a student worker to support the project, if applicable.
Administrative Support for the Provost
- Support the Provost to ensure he/she is prepared for all meetings and appointments. This could include proactively contacting meeting owners and participants for agenda items and materials and packaging for the Provost in advance of every meeting.
- Proactively maintaining and managing calendar for the Provost, including scheduling meetings with internal and external constituents, ensuring all technology needs are requested, secured and set up in advance of all meetings, attending and taking notes/minutes at meetings at the request of the Provost, and preparing and distributing meeting agendas and materials for all Provost managed meetings.
- Manage all travel arrangements for Provost, including conference and meeting registrations as appropriate.
Administrative Support to the Vice Provost(s)
- Proactively maintaining and managing calendar for the Vice Provost(s), including scheduling meetings with internal and external constituents, ensuring all technology needs are requested, secured and set up in advance of all meetings, attending and taking notes/minutes at meetings at the request of the Vice Provost(s), and preparing and distributing meeting agendas and materials for all Vice Provost(s) managed meetings.
- Manage all travel arrangements for Vice Provost(s), including conference and meeting registrations as appropriate.
General Office Support
- Provides primary administrative support to the Provost Office staff including monitoring and managing the Provost Office email and calendar, faculty record keeping, and office supply ordering.
- Processes expense reports and tracks the budget for travel, office supplies, and event-related expenses. This could include managing the work of a student worker to support the project, if applicable.
- Supports the Provost Office in planning, logistics, and executing events for Provost Office staff and faculty.
- Manages a master events calendar of recurring events such as yearly Faculty Appreciation Month, faculty development, Provost campus visits, meeting arrangements, workshops, seminars, symposiums, retreats, etc. This could include managing the work of a student worker to support the project, if applicable.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- High School Diploma and/or GED with 5 years experience in higher education/office administration work required.
- Minimum 3 years of related work experience (i.e. project management, events coordination, office administration, etc.)
- Ability to achieve results in an expected or limited time frame
- Ability to look for innovative approaches that will improve efficiencies and solve problems.
- Strong capacity to identify customer needs and expectations and respond to them in a timely and effective manner
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Cover Letter
- Internal Posting Form (Internal Applicants Only)