Associate Professor or Professor, Environmental or Physical Geography
Posting InformationPosting Information Position TitleAssociate Professor or Professor, Environmental or Physical GeographyJob Posting Number20203FACJob LocationSan MarcosDepartmentDepartment of GeographyPosition Description
The Department of Geography at Texas State University invites applications for a tenured/tenure-track position to begin Fall 2020 at the Associate Professor or Professor rank in environmental or physical geography. We seek individuals with exceptional records as scholars. The position includes maintaining an active research agenda, teaching at graduate and undergraduate levels, and advising Masters/Ph.D. students.Required Qualifications
• A Ph.D. degree in geography, earth/environmental sciences, natural resources, or a related field;
• An outstanding publication record;
• A significant record of successful grant acquisition and management; and
• Experience in supervising or mentoring graduate students.
• Demonstrated record of applied research in environmental management or natural resources use;
• Demonstrated expertise in modeling that integrates environmental data and geospatial analyses to understand biophysical processes;
• Experience in teaching at undergraduate and/or graduate levels; and
• Experience in mentoring doctoral students.
Only applications submitted through the Texas State University website will be accepted and considered https://jobs.hr.txstate.edu/postings/25265.
To ensure full consideration, please submit the materials listed below by November 1, 2019:
1) a cover letter outlining the applicant’s professional experience and career goals that meet the required and preferred qualifications as stated above;
2) an up-to-date curriculum vitae; and
3) List of three references including name, current position, e-mail address, and telephone number.
For inquiries, please e-mail Dr. Jason Julian, chair of the Search Committee, at [email protected] and indicate “Associate Professor or Professor search” in the subject line of all correspondence.
The selected candidate will be required to provide official transcripts from all degree granting universities.Proposed Start DateFall 2020Open DateReview Date11/01/2019Close DateOpen Until Filled?YesLegal Notices
Texas State University, to the extent not in conflict with federal or state law, prohibits discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, veterans’ status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression.
Employment with Texas State University is contingent upon the outcome of record checks and verifications including criminal history, driving records, education records, employment verifications, reference checks, and employment eligibility verifications.
Texas State University is a tobacco-free campus. Smoking and the use of any tobacco product will not be allowed anywhere on Texas State property or in university owned or leased vehicles.
Texas State University is a member of the Texas State University System. Texas State University is an EOE.
Texas State University is home to more than 38,000 students and 2,000 faculty members in the growing Austin-San Antonio corridor. A member of the Doctoral Universities: Higher Research Activity Carnegie classification, the university creates new knowledge, fosters cultural and economic development, and prepares its growing population of diverse students for the endless possibilities that await them as citizens of Texas, the nation, and the world.
Bolstered by research with relevance and innovation in creative and scholarly work in a full range of academic disciplines and a spirit of inclusiveness, Texas State seeks outstanding candidates for a variety of faculty positions.Quick Linkhttp://jobs.hr.txstate.edu/postings/25265Applicant DocumentsRequired Documents
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- List of References
- Samples of Scholarly Work/Research
- Statement of Scholarship Philosophy
- Statement of Teaching Philosophy
- DD 214/DD1300
- Veteran's Preference
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).