Education Program Specialist
GENERAL SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Under the direction of the Administrator/Director, or designee, the Educational Program Specialist is responsible for coordinating curriculum scheduling, collaborating with instructors to design, implement, and assess multi-modal medical education. The Education Program Specialist serves as a front-line customer service interface to UMMS faculty, learners and external clients/collaborators. They are responsible for producing technical and teaching/training documentation, administering teaching/training environments and providing multimedia support and production in designated learning facilities.Responsibilities
- Build and sustain strong relationships between internal/external educational collaborators; serve as liaison between course directors, other education-related departments/groups and learners. Demonstrate optimized bi-directional communication with UMMS collaborative departments and/or external customers to produce desired session and data outcomes
- Triage complex requests and inquiries from faculty, learners, staff and clients to ensure that operations are optimized. Resolve minor issues with constituents as needed.
- Manage details of educational programming, including staff assignments, faculty facilitator assignments, space, and equipment reservations to meet educational requirements and learning objectives of multifaceted, multimodal events. Work with faculty/educational collaborators in producing detailed course schedules and coordinating multiple daily course events.
- Manage learner and/or customer facing webpages and resources required to meet their needs
- Manage and use appropriate technology and other resources to facilitate the educational work of faculty and to provide required administrative support. Implement technical and software solutions that expedite administrative course management
- Assist faculty in the design and development of technology-enhanced educational sessions /materials.
- Translate, convert and disseminate learning materials into requirements for varied educational resources, equipment needs and material setup for onsite/offsite session to meet educational objectives
- Manage real-time education program delivery to meet all scheduled and expected objectives
- Participate in discussion and development of quality improvement initiatives to optimize workflows
- Interact with educational team to support all required academic/administrative needs
- Maintain confidentiality of oral communication and written records
- Perform other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- 1year experience
- Demonstrated ability to make independent and autonomous decisions
- Attention to detail
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Products
- Ability to prioritize and problem solve
- Ability to travel to offsite locations.
- Annual curriculum database and calendar planning; create individual course timelines, align all courses across academic years
- AAMC CIR upload of curriculum inventory reporting on the previous year for accreditation purposes
- Develop and maintain proper technical and user documentation for each system in a consistent and structured manner
- Demonstrated experience with database applications