Admissions Outreach Counselor
Job location: Pasadena, CA
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2019-05-22
Saybrook University is currently seeking an Outreach Admissions Counselor to join the Enrollment Management department.
In this role, reporting to the AVP, Enrollment Management, the Outreach Admissions Counselor will lead grassroots admission and recruiting efforts by partnering with leaders and organizations in the community to increase student enrollment. The Enrollment Management department supports healthy new student enrollment by increasing brand awareness and generating inquiries through events such as graduate and professional fairs, conference exhibitions, community events, mission –aligned program offerings and in-house admissions events. This role will serve as a professional liaison representing Saybrook University and will be based out of the Saybrook University, Pasadena office.
Position responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Developing a professional network by building new relationships, attending networking events, and partnering with local associations and community-based organizations to promote Saybrook programs.
- Identifying conferences, graduate fairs, and other outreach initiatives for the university
- Leading the calendaring and registration process for onsite and offsite outreach events
- Providing primary coverage for all onsite and offsite outreach events – traveling to conferences and graduate fairs regularly to represent the University
- Partnering with the Marketing team to promote all outreach events, ensuring coordination on timing of social media posts, and providing copy and images as needed to support marketing efforts
- Partnering with the System Marketing team to ensure that print and digital collateral are up-to-date and available for all outreach initiatives
- Supporting faculty outreach efforts providing them with collateral and other marketing support as needed, and ensuring communication of faculty initiatives to the Marketing team for further support.
- Providing exceptional customer service and outreach support to new and existing partnerships.
- Providing accurate applicant and inquiry reports, including lead acquisition, new student application forecasting, and additional reporting functionalities from Salesforce to leadership regularly
- Achieving performance goals for each term by maintaining targeted conversion metrics at each stage of the admission process on a consistent basis.
- Conducting recruiting events both on-campus and virtually to recruit graduate students. This will include admission interviews, campus visits and tours, open houses and information sessions
- Work collaboratively with Admissions Counselors for cross student support
- Making recommendations concerning admissions, while appropriately adhering to all policies and procedures.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to represent Saybrook University in a professional manner, recruit, and work within a diverse community, and follow all policies and procedures with a keen attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and listening abilities; persuasive and negotiation skills, strong professional writing, public speaking, interpersonal and public relations skills.
- Knowledgeable in current and possible future policies, practices, trends, technology, and information affecting his/her organization; knows the competition is aware of how strategies and tactics work in the marketplace.
- Strong recruitment, sales, and customer service skills combined with a strong work ethic and a goal-oriented, self-motivated approach toward achieving consistent results.
- Leadership, organizational, time management, multi-tasking, and planning capabilities.
- Must be proficient with MS Office suite, customer relationship management systems, and the ability to learn new systems quickly.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree preferred.
- A minimum of three years of admissions experience is desired.
- Experience with student information systems, database management systems, and online marketing and recruitment experience highly desired.
- The ability to work evenings and weekends is required.
- Must be able to lift at least 20 pounds, move furniture and be able to physically set up rooms for meetings.
- Valid driver’s license and willingness to travel.
- Ability to perform sedentary work
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to operate office equipment including computer, printers, and phone
- Ability to communicate and convey information clearly to students, faculty, and staff who have inquiries regarding the admissions processes
Saybrook University offers a generous compensation and benefits package, as well as the opportunity to work for a leader in the field of education. Some of our key benefits include: generous paid time-off, medical and dental coverage, company-paid life and disability insurance, retirement plan, multiple flexible spending accounts (FSA), tuition reimbursement and professional development.
Saybrook University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Saybrook University offers a generous compensation and benefits package, as well as the opportunity to work for a leader in the field of education. Some of our key benefits include: generous paid time-off, medical and dental coverage, company-paid life and disability insurance, retirement plan with employer contribution, multiple flexible spending accounts (FSA), tuition reimbursement, professional development, and regular employee appreciation events.
Saybrook University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.