Part-Time Administrative Assistant
DePaul University is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, genetic information or any other legally protected status, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local EEO laws.
Job Title Part-Time Administrative Assistant
Job ID 3574
Location Lincoln Park Campus
Full/Part Time Part-Time
At DePaul University, we are looking for candidates who want to join us in our mission to provide access to education for all. Successful candidates welcome ideas and perspectives from colleagues and students representing a wide variety of cultures, backgrounds, religious beliefs, and experiences. We seek collaborative, open-minded and hard working professionals to work in a real world urban learning environment. Are you exceptional, yet modest and open to challenges? We seek achievers and leaders that want to bring their passion and skills to our well-respected community of approachable colleagues. Build your career with us.
We seek someone able to provide general budget oversight and management, administration and event planning/execution for a small but dynamic research institute focused on Catholicism worldwide. This person will provide advance planning and same-day coordination for lecture and conference events throughout the year. In addition, this person will assist Center faculty and staff with general office duties.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Assists with orientation, office setup, and clerical support for visiting research scholars and guests.
- Communicates on behalf of the Center with external and internal agencies regarding grants, budgets, proposals; routine administrative work in support of the Center's everyday operations.
- Advance and on-site event coordination.
- Works with Director of Communications regarding publicity, social media initiatives and clerical support as needed.
- Assists in keeping track of operating, discretionary, and/or grant budgets - including daily transactions and procurement transactions, such as office supplies and equipment - with oversight from the Interim Director and the Financial Services liaison in the Controller’s Office.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience
- Some college.
- 1-3 years of experience in an office environment.
- Associate's or Bachelor's degree.
- Training in accounting.
- Experience with budget management/oversight.
- Experience combining self-motivated task completion and cooperative work with others.
- Consults the center director regularly on budgetary issues and works with the Financial Services liaison in the Controller’s Office.
Other Skills & Abilities Reqd
- Excel, Word, other productivity software skills.
- Abilingual or multilingual person (Spanish-language skills in particular) is especially welcome, given our work with persons from around the world.
- Some experience with social media for promotional/outreach purposes a plus.
- Ability to help move materials and boxes when setting up for lecture events and conferences.
- Ability to work long hours (12+) one weekend in April.
You may upload other attachments (Transcripts, Portfolios, Writing samples) in the “My Activities” tab of your profile.
- Must be able to work occasional evening and lunch events, and all of a weekend conference (Friday-Sunday) in April.
Salary & Benefits Package:
DePaul offers a comprehensive package including competitive pay and benefits to attract and retain the best talent in order to further the University's mission. For more information, please visit the following pages:
Required Background Check: