Part-Time Secretary, Advising/Counseling Center
Posting DetailsPosition Information Posting Number: 0000885 Job Title: Part-Time Secretary, Advising/Counseling Center PS Position#: 00001126 Position Status: Part-Time Salary: $10.46/hour Classification: Classified Staff Department: Counseling Center POSTING TEXT Job Summary/Basic Function:
Perform secretarial duties to ensure accurate exchange of communication and information between the counselors and/or advisors, students, faculty, and other Lee College staff; while also establishing a comfortable atmosphere for all who visit the Counseling Center.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Answer a multiple-line phone to provide service and information to students and college staff.
- Greet and guide all students and other visitors to the Counseling Center.
- Manage Microsoft Outlook to schedule advisor and/or counselor appointments, meetings, etc.
- Assist with maintaining inventory of all office supplies and equipment.
- Assist with maintaining inventory of forms needed in the Advising/Counseling Center.
- Provide secretarial support to advisor/counselors and other staff.
- Fill out testing form for student and post the test fees for retesting in TSIA.
- Assist with test administration as needed (TSIA on and off campus).
- Enter placement scores into student records and charge students accordingly.
- Establish and maintain multiple databases: OnBase, PeopleSoft, Microsoft Office, and SurveyMonkey.
- Assist with New Student Orientation to include computer set ups, folder packet information stuffing, and assist students with online registration.
- Create forms, notices, and other documents as assigned by supervisor.
- Must be available to work: Monday and Tuesday until 7:30 p.m.
Additional duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assist with planning and set up for special events.
- Assist students on the computers with navigating the Lee College website and student accounts available under Logins (MyLC Campus, @mylc email, Blackboard, ApplyTexas, and campus logic.
- Troubleshoot new office technology.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Benefits do not accrue with this part-time position. Scheduled work hours will not exceed 19.5 hours per week. This is a security sensitive position.
Lee College does not discriminate on the basis of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status.Minimum Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or equivalent (G.E.D.)
- Have six (6) months of related work experience
- Must be computer literate (Microsoft Office)
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must work collaboratively with faculty, administrators, and other staff members
- Must make balanced judgments and decisions
- Must work well with individuals from diverse backgrounds
- Must be willing to work flexible hours, including some evenings and weekends
- Bilingual: ability to read, write and speak both English and Spanish
- Previous experience working at a community college
- Specialized training beyond high school
This position requires applicants to attach the following documents: resume, cover letter, and copies of transcripts for all completed college credit work. (Official transcripts required upon employment.)
In addition, applicants must include a minimum of three (3) professional references on the online application.
Please do not mail, email, fax, or deliver any documents outside of the electronic application process.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a High School Diploma or equivalent (G.E.D.)?
- * Do you have working knowledge of Microsoft Office Word and Excel programs?
- * Can you read, write, and speak both English and Spanish?
- * Do you have experience working in a community college setting?
- * Are you available to work flexible hours, including some evenings and weekends?
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcript 1
- Unofficial Transcript 2
- Unofficial Transcript 3
- Other Document