Program Manager, Community Education (REPOST)
Posting DetailsPosition Information Posting Number: 0000874 Job Title: Program Manager, Community Education (REPOST) PS Position#: 00000316 Position Status: Full-Time Salary: Starting salary range of $44,692- $49,161 is based on the Lee College Administrative/Administrative Support Salary Scale, C42. Initial salary offer is commensurate with education and related work experience. Classification: Administrative Department: Community Education POSTING TEXT Job Summary/Basic Function:
This position manages and implements the development, delivery, scheduling, maintenance, and marketing of career training and leisure learning opportunities for individuals of all ages seeking lifelong learning opportunities to develop personally or professionally. This position is also responsible for business development and the instructional and operational aspects of open enrollment, grant-funded, career training programs, and leisure learning courses. The Program Manager will recommend for hire and provide oversight of instructional staff, development, review and select curricula, monitor and schedule classes, maintain credentialing documents, secure classroom locations, equipment, and textbooks, advise students, produce enrollment and revenue statistics, and oversee sales and marketing of programs and courses.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Program Development & Administration
- Plan and implement instructional programs in compliance with accrediting agency guidelines in accordance with college policies, procedures, and goals, in response to occupational demand, and when appropriate, in alignment with professional continuing education requirements.
- As required by THECB, SACS, and credentialing agencies, maintain CEU course and instructor files.
- Assist with recruiting, screening, hiring, orienting, supervising, and evaluating instructors.
- Develop and track course/program budget(s), ensure expenditures are in compliance with the Center’s policies and activities conducted within the approved operating budget.
- Provide continuing quality improvement through assessments of instruction and curriculum by staying abreast of major trends, and by tracking and evaluating the impact of courses and programs.
- Collaborate with other administrators to prepare courses/programs for CE schedule.
- Research and evaluate courses for potential hybrid and/or full online training delivery, and when appropriate, collaborate with online instruction center to facilitate course delivery and management.
- Research and recommend content for operating agreements, such as grants, MOU’s, and contracts.
- Research and recommend Workforce Education Course Manual (WECM) courses that align with Continuing Education Unit courses.
- In accordance with Lee College’s and the Center’s marketing plan, develop, recommend, and implement sales and other strategies to promote courses and programs to increase enrollment and community awareness.
- Develop and maintain relationships with industry professionals, community leaders, and other relevant stakeholders.
- Manage and analyze customer relations data to track program status and produce sales management reports.
- Assist with the development and implementation of department procedures, goals, strategic planning, and marketing initiatives.
Additional duties and responsibilities my include, but are not limited to:
- Collaborate with Business Operations Manager and staff about program information related to registration.
- Represent the Center at college and community events.
- Advise students with program questions and concerns.
- Resolve student and faculty issues.
- Plan and coordinate special events/workshops.
- Assist with registration and answering phones as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Excellent college benefits accrue with this full-time position. This is a security sensitive position.
Lee College does not discriminate on the basis of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status.Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s (or higher) degree or equivalent combination of education and related work experience
- Three (3) years related work experience
- Able to effectively engage inside and outside sales methods, to include prospecting, developing, and delivering public presentations and negotiating performance terms and deliverables
- Strong computer skills, including experience with Microsoft Office Suite
- Able to efficiently navigate and effectively use the internet for research, marketing, and other forms of communication
- Detail oriented and able to multitask and meet critical deadlines
- Manage, organize, and communicate information of varying technical complexity
- Able to work individually with limited supervision and collaboratively with diverse populations/groups/teams
- Knowledge of college systems and operations
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Some travel required. Travel is typically confined to the Lee College service area; however, professional development may require participation in conferences or similar activities at locations throughout the state of Texas.
- Verified skills in organizing complex systems and effectively manage multiple, competing priorities while remaining composed and professional
- Friendly, courteous, service-oriented, and enjoy working with a variety of people
- Act with discretion and maintain confidentiality
- Must be available to work evenings and weekends as required
- Bachelor’s (or higher) degree in a business related field
- Three (3) years related work experience in Community Education
- Experience with developing and/or delivering career, personal enrichment, kids at college, recreation and fitness, online learning, and computer technology instructional programming in a public or private setting
This position requires applicants to attach the following documents: resume, cover letter, and copies of transcripts for all completed college work. (Official transcripts required upon employment.)
In addition, applicants must include a minimum of three (3) professional references on the online application.
Please do not mail, email, fax, or deliver any documents outside of the electronic application process.Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a Bachelor's (or higher) degree or equivalent combination of education and related work experience?
- * Do you have a Bachelor's (or higher) degree in a business related field?
- * Do you have three (3) years of related work experience?
- * Do you have three (3) years related work experience in Community Education?
- * Do you have experience with developing and/or delivering career, personal enrichment, kids at college, recreation and fitness, online learning, computer technology, instructional programming in a public or private setting?
- * Are you available to work evenings and weekends as required?
- * This position requires travel within the service area, as well as out of town to attend meetings, training and/or conferences. Are you able to travel?
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcript 1
- Unofficial Transcript 2
- Unofficial Transcript 3
- Other Document