Posting DetailsPosition Information Job Title HVAC Technician Posting Number 346-2011 Job Description Summary
This position is responsible for the installation, maintenance, and repair of a variety of HVAC systems and system parts.Essential Duties
Installs, maintains, and repairs campus HVAC systems and components. (50%)
• Maintains chillers, boilers, air handlers, fans, motors, pumps, compressors, dampers, coils, humidifiers, duct work, vents, hoods, etc.
• Maintains pneumatic and direct digital controls, valves, sensors, modules, actuators, transducers, and software.
• Monitors equipment to ensure safety and operability.
• Troubleshoots and resolve system and component issues; makes needed repairs.
Monitors and updates building management control systems (20%)
• Manages and maintains set points and space temperatures
• Monitors and maintains humidity and air quality
• Monitors and interprets trend data.
• Performs system scheduling and forecasting
Manages energy usage and consumption (10%)
• Balances energy demands with cost effectiveness
• Establishes system setback schedules and parameters
Coordinates the work of vendors and contractors (10%)
• Maintains warranty information
• Coordinates warranty and contract repairs
Maintains parts and supply inventory (5%)
• Purchases tools, equipment, and parts as needed
• Maintains supply inventory
Performs a variety of related duties (5%)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES AND/OR COMPETENCIES REQUIRED BY THE POSITION
• Knowledge of HVAC system installation, repair and maintenance.
• Knowledge of relevant construction codes.
• Knowledge of the tools and equipment used in the installation, repair, and maintenance of HVAC systems.
• Knowledge of department policies and procedures.
• Skill in diagnostic troubleshooting.
• Skill in the operation of job-related tools, vehicles, and equipment.
• Skill in oral and written communication
• Associates degree required
• More than three years of related experience required
• Possession of or ability to readily obtain a valid driver’s license issued by the State of Georgia for the type of vehicle or equipment operated
• Possession of or ability to readily obtain a valid State of Georgia HVAC Class II Unrestricted License
• The work is typically performed while intermittently sitting, standing, stooping, bending, crouching or walking. The employee frequently lifts light and heavy objects, climbs ladders, uses tools or equipment requiring a high degree of dexterity, distinguishes between shades of color, and utilizes the sense of smell.
• The work is typically performed in campus buildings and outdoors. The employee may be exposed to dust, dirt, grease, machinery with moving parts, contagious or infectious diseases, irritating chemicals, and cold or inclement weather. The work requires the use of protective devices such as masks, goggles, gloves, etc.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have an Associate's degree or equivalent combination of education & experience in a related field?
(Open Ended Question)
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter