Director, State and Community Relations
The University of Nebraska at Omaha is seeking a Director of State and Community Relations
Director of State and Community Relations is UNO’s leader responsible for building lasting relationships with state and local government officials, legislative leaders, and legislative staff. Director promotes UNO relationships among key community organizations and leaders. This role leads UNO’s advocacy efforts directed at gathering support for UNO’s public policy agenda. Director works to establish and maintain positive organizational representation within the community through community outreach programs and other activities. This role designs, plans, and creates programs to engage the support of the community, employees, and students. This role will provide opportunities for faculty, staff, students and alumni to participate in various relationship building events and activities that promote awareness and support for UNO in the public policy arena.
• Build and sustain strong relationships.
• Coordinate campus-wide efforts and monitor state and local policy initiatives.
• Coordinate two-way communication efforts
• Design and implement special activities.
• Performs other duties and special projects as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in political science, public relations, marketing or related field.
• 5 years’ work related experience in higher education or government.
• An understanding of and experience in advocacy work.
• Experience in Event Planning.
• Proficient with MSOffice and related technology.
• Will consider a combination of education and work experience.
Salary Information: Commensurate with Experience and Education For more information please contact [email protected]
To apply, please visit:
The University of Nebraska does not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, and/or political affiliation in its programs, activities, or employment. UNO is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an E-Verify employer.