Campus Safety Officer PT
- Tusculum University
- Greeneville, TN
- Faculty Jobs
- Education, Special Education, Health & Medical, Allied Health, Nursing
- Executive Administration Jobs
- Administrative Jobs
- Institutional & Business Affairs, Admissions & Enrollment, Athletics, Facilities Management & Sustainability
- Position Type
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Institution Type
- Four-Year Institution
Tusculum College is seeking applications for part-time Campus Safety Officers. Responsibilities include working to assure safety and welfare of students, staff, faculty, invitees, and visitors on campus property, in campus facilities, and at institutional events by enforcing campus policies and regulations as set forth by the College. The position will serve as the primary emergency response personnel and information contact for the campus. Works with other professional staff assigned to Campus Safety program during shift and liaises with the other campus entities having a role in campus management (e.g. student life, facilities management, technical support, etc.). Support educational outreach in the areas of safety and welfare.
Will remain open until filled
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
- High school diploma or equivalent education that provides the necessary knowledge, skills, and abilities to carry out said job duties
- Valid Tennessee driver’s license required
- Must be available to work nights, weekends, and holidays
- Possession of a current State of Tennessee Security license (or eligibility for licensure)
- Previous security experience, or related guard, police officer or military background preferred.
- CPR and First Aid training preferred
- Ability to express oneself employing good English-language skills for oral communication and writing daily reports
- Ability to read and interpret printed information
- Calm demeanor that can be maintained in emergency situations
- The ability to accurately recall events or certain situations for proceedings
- Strong ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, faculty, staff, and the general public
Tusculum is an Equal Opportunity Employer, participates in E-Verify, and observes the guidelines as a Tennessee Drug Free Workplace employer. Applicants will be required to submit to substance abuse testing at a laboratory chosen by Tusculum University.
This position is subject to the results of pre-employment testing and a background check. An employment background check includes a criminal background check, employment verification, reference checks, license verification (if applicable) and credit history check (if applicable). If hired, the candidate will be required to submit proof of eligibility to work in the United States. All applicants must currently be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
HOW TO APPLY:
Only online applications will be accepted. Send a letter of intent, resume, the names & contact information of 3-5 references, and Tusculum University application (located at the top of the web page https://www3.tusculum.edu/hr/employment-opportunities) electronically to [email protected] Attn: Campus Safety Officer – Part-time
Working at Tusculum University
At Tennessee’s first college, join students from across the country and across the world who’ve come together to make a difference in their lives and the lives of others.
Our unique Civic Arts focus takes the liberal arts a step further in a nationally recognized approach to educating individuals of integrity and ideals.
A wide range of majors – from museum studies to nursing – are combined with service learning and travel opportunities, an Honors Program and a Bonner Leaders Program.
Plus Tusculum offers scores of student-run clubs and projects to prepare you for anything!
If you’re seeking a smaller college away from urban stress and suburban sameness, Tusculum is the right size and in the right place. A small college like ours encourages you to be who you are and to try new things, knowing you’ll never be lost in the crowd.
It’s easy to get involved at Tusculum. Organize campus events, become a resident assistant, direct a play, lead Freshman Orientation, hold an office in the Student Government Association, or join one of the many other clubs on campus.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert