Clinical Assistant Professor
Location: Twin Cities
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 330672
- DDS, DMD or equivalent degree
- License to practice dentistry in Minnesota or eligible for license
- Current DEA number with all levels included
- In good standing with the Minnesota Board of Dentistry
- Three or more years’ experience in the practice of general dentistry
- Current CPR
- Experience in clinical or preclinical teaching setting
- Experience in a community outreach educational settings
- Experience working in a FQHC or Safety Net ClinicAbout the Job
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Assist dental, dental hygiene, and dental therapy students as they generate comprehensive treatment and prevention/management plans for their patients ensuring that treatment plans are comprehensively developed, appropriately adapted to patient needs, and correctly sequenced to manage patient oral health needs.
2. Clinical supervision and oversight of patient care.
3. Provide leadership and mentoring to all students rotating to the Outreach clinic site.
4. Coordinate and promote a cooperative clinical and educational environment between School of Dentistry students and faculty with the dental providers and staff of the East Side Family Clinic.
5. Oversee staff, students, and patients to ensure patients receive excellent care, and students receive a clinical education that meets the standards of each dental discipline.
6. Collaborate with the Outreach Division Director and the Outreach Division office within the School of Dentistry to assist with managing students on rotation in the outreach clinic site.
7. Support and follow School of Dentistry policies, procedures, and protocol in carrying out all responsibilities.
About the Department
About the School
The University of Minnesota School of Dentistry is one of seven schools in the Academic Health Center, one of the most comprehensive academic health centers in the United States. The School of Dentistry consistently attracts high quality faculty and students and has achieved an international reputation for research, education and service.
The University of Minnesota School of Dentistry is the state's only dental school and the only dental school in the northern tier of states between Wisconsin and the Pacific Northwest. We are a regional resource to five states for dental education, consulting services, patient treatment, and ongoing continuing dental education.
The School of Dentistry educates general dentists, dental specialists, dental therapists, dental hygienists, dental educators and research-scientists. For more than two decades, we've offered specialty training in six ADA-recognized specialties: Endodontics, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Orthodontics, Pediatric Dentistry, Periodontics and Prosthodontics.
We also offer an advanced education program in TMD and orofacial pain, oral biology, dental hygiene, and oral health for older adults.
Dentists who are graduates of dental schools outside of the United States and Canada wishing to practice in the United States train here, as well. A novel, interdisciplinary Dentist-Scientist Training Program rounds out our educational offerings.
Our work affects nearly every person in Minnesota. We educate 73% of the state's practicing dentists, 68% of Minnesota's licensed dental therapists, and 49% of its dental hygiene educators. Our researchers develop and test dental materials used by every dentist in the state and around the world.
Our students and faculty treat patients: 105,260 patient-visits each year in our Twin Cities' campus clinics and 48,700 in outreach sites located in underserved communities throughout the state. We provide continuing dental education for 7,100 practicing dental professionals each year.How To Apply
Applications must be submitted online. To be considered for this position, please click the Apply button and follow the instructions. You will have the opportunity to complete an online application for the position and attach a cover letter and resume.
Additional documents may be attached after application by accessing your "My Job Applications" page and uploading documents in the "My Cover Letters and Attachments" section. This position requires that you attach your CV, cover letter and a list of references.
This position will remain open until filled.
To request an accommodation during the application process, please e-mail [email protected] or call (612) 624-UOHR (8647).
The University recognizes and values the importance of diversity and inclusion in enriching the employment experience of its employees and in supporting the academic mission. The University is committed to attracting and retaining employees with varying identities and backgrounds.
The University of Minnesota provides equal access to and opportunity in its programs, facilities, and employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, disability, public assistance status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression. To learn more about diversity at the U: http://diversity.umn.edu.Background Check Information
Any offer of employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a background check. Our presumption is that prospective employees are eligible to work here. Criminal convictions do not automatically disqualify finalists from employment.
About the U of M
The University of Minnesota, Twin Cities (UMTC)The University of Minnesota, Twin Cities (UMTC), is among the largest public research universities in the country, offering undergraduate, graduate, and professional students a multitude of opportunities for study and research. Located at the heart of one of the nation's most vibrant, diverse metropolitan communities, students on the campuses in Minneapolis and St. Paul benefit from extensive partnerships with world-renowned health centers, international corporations, government agencies, and arts, nonprofit, and public service organizations.