Orthodontics Clinical Assistant, Associate or full Professor
Location: Twin Cities
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 330000
Qualifications Required Qualifications/Experience:
- DDS/DMD degree or recognized international equivalentCompletion of an accredited advanced education program of at least 24 months duration in OrthodonticsCurrently hold or be able to obtain a Minnesota Dental License prior to start date. A Full Faculty License may be obtained in partnership with the School of Dentistry prior to start dateMust be able to demonstrate authorization to work in the United States at the University of Minnesota by the start date of positionExperience working with a diverse patient base
- Experience in the orthodontic treatment of patientsWorking knowledge of digital and 3-D technologies in patient diagnosis and treatmentEvidence of quality didactic and clinical teaching at the pre-doctoral and post-graduate levelsInterest in collaborating on clinical research in orthodontics and with other specialties or areas of the School of Dentistry Interest or experience in the orthodontic treatment of patients with cleft lip / cleft palate or craniofacial anomaliesParticipation in committees and governance
- Participation in and providing continuing education
The University of Minnesota School of Dentistry invites applications for a clinical-track, full-time faculty position in the Division of Orthodontics (Department of Developmental and Surgical Sciences). The School of Dentistry is part of the Academic Health Center, which has achieved an international reputation for research, education, and service. The Division of Orthodontics actively participates in teaching, patient care, and research at the pre-doctoral and advanced education levels.Some of the duties of this role include:
- Participation in didactic and clinical teaching for pre-doctoral students and post-graduate students in orthodontics and pediatric dentistryActively participate in Division of Orthodontics and School of Dentistry related committee activitiesContribute to the orthodontic team supporting the School of Dentistry interdisciplinary Cleft Lip / Cleft Palate clinic Support and follow School of Dentistry policies, procedures, and protocol in carrying out all responsibilities There will be opportunities for research and continuing education activities, faculty development, and clinical practice
The University of Minnesota offers a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Competitive wages, paid holidays, vacation and sick leave
- Low cost medical, dental, and pharmacy plans
- Health care and dependent daycare flexible spending accounts
- Excellent retirement plans with employer match
- Disability and employer paid life insurance
- Wellbeing program with reduced insurance premiums
- Tuition reimbursement opportunities covering 75%-100% of eligible tuition
- Student loan forgiveness opportunity
- Opportunities for growth and promotion
- Employee Assistance Program
For more information regarding benefits: https://humanresources.umn.edu/sites/humanresources.umn.edu/files/2019_tcd-fpa-75100-ben-0105-10_0.pdfAbout the Department University of Minnesota School of Dentistry
Our Mission: The University of Minnesota School of Dentistry is the state’s only dental school, and the only dental school in the northern tier of states between Wisconsin and the Pacific Northwest. As such, we are a regional resource to five states for dental education, consulting services, patient treatment, and ongoing continuing dental education. We educate general dentists and dental specialists, dental therapists, dental hygienists, dental educators and research scientists. The University of Minnesota School of Dentistry advances health through scientific discovery, innovative education, and the highest-quality care for all communities.
The School of Dentistry is part of a seven school comprehensive academic health center. It trains pre-doctoral, dental hygiene, international students, residents in nine post-graduate specialties, and MS and PhD in Oral Biology. The School of Dentistry is part of the University of Minnesota campus, located in the Twin Cities metropolitan area which is consistently recognized for its overall quality of life.
The division priorities are teaching, patient care, service, and research at the pre-doctoral and advanced training levels.How To Apply
An electronic application through the University of Minnesota employment site must be completed to be considered for this position.
Please provide a curriculum vitae and a letter of interest including brief summary of clinical, teaching, and scholarly activities. As well, please provide the contact information of three references and these should be attached to the online application. Additional documents may be attached after application by accessing your "My Activities" page and uploading documents there.
The position will remain open until filled.
For questions please contact the search committee administrative support, Sherry Smith, Department of Developmental and Surgical Sciences, at telephone at 612-626-0903 or via email at [email protected]
To request an accommodation during the application process, please e-mail [email protected] or call (612) 624-UOHR (8647).Diversity
The University recognizes and values the importance of diversity and inclusion in enriching the employment experience of its employees and in supporting the academic mission. The University is committed to attracting and retaining employees with varying identities and backgrounds.
The University of Minnesota provides equal access to and opportunity in its programs, facilities, and employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, disability, public assistance status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression. To learn more about diversity at the U: http://diversity.umn.edu.Background Check Information
Any offer of employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a background check. Our presumption is that prospective employees are eligible to work here. Criminal convictions do not automatically disqualify finalists from employment.About the U of M
The University of Minnesota, Twin Cities (UMTC)The University of Minnesota, Twin Cities (UMTC), is among the largest public research universities in the country, offering undergraduate, graduate, and professional students a multitude of opportunities for study and research. Located at the heart of one of the nation's most vibrant, diverse metropolitan communities, students on the campuses in Minneapolis and St. Paul benefit from extensive partnerships with world-renowned health centers, international corporations, government agencies, and arts, nonprofit, and public service organizations.