Department:: Reggie Lewis
Locations:: Roxbury Crossing, MA
Posted:: Mar 28, 2019
Closes:: Open Until Filled
Type:: Part Time
About Roxbury Community College:
Roxbury Community College is an urban, public, 2-year College serving a diverse community, including people of color, recent immigrants and non-traditional populations. The College's mission is to facilitate student success in achieving educational goals through the delivery of high-quality transfer and career programs. RCC strives to honor traditional commitments, and to be responsive to new challenges and insights through workforce training, ESOL, and community education. The student population at the college is diverse in ethnicity, gender, language, age and background. Roxbury Community College is an AA/EO employer and strongly encourages applications from candidates who would enhance the diversity of its staff. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
Is responsible to deliver a safe and effective fitness course for our Seniors.
Examples of Duties:
- Teaches fitness classes; assists with monitoring registered participants; conducts safe and effective fitness; follows prescribed class format.
- Relays health/program information to patrons; corrects unsafe techniques of patrons; enforces Fitness Program policies.
- Attends in-house training; successfully completes initial in-class training; attends mandatory monthly staff meetings and in-services.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Ability to teach aerobic exercise classes intended for Seniors.
- High school diploma with basic aerobics instruction course; AFAA or ACE certification; supplemented with one (1) year of teaching experience.
- Basic aerobics instructor course, general fitness and physiology background.
- Possesses current Cardiopulmonary Respiration (CPR) certification.
- Leadership, safety, interpersonal/human relations skills.
- Exhibits a sincere desire to improve health and fitness through safe and effective exercise leadership.
- Must have 1-4 years experience.
If interested, applicants must submit a resume and cover letter.
The position is open until filled.
To be considered for this position, applicants should submit a resume and a cover letter.
Appointment is subject to SORI (Sexual Offense Registry Information) background check, and a publicly accessible Massachusetts CORI (Criminal Offense Registry Information) background check.
Roxbury Community College is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, religion, age, veteran status, genetic information, gender identity or sexual orientation in its programs and activities as required by Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and other applicable statutes and college policies. The College prohibits sexual harassment including sexual violence. Inquiries or complaints concerning discrimination, harassment, retaliation, or sexual violence shall be referred to the College's Affirmative Action Officer/Title IX Coordinator, the Equal Employment Opportunities Commission or the United States Department of Education's Office for Civil Rights.
The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act requires all institutes of higher education to disclose campus policy statements and crime statistics. Our annual report is available at www.rcc.edu/clery.